Inbound packet loss after the last two patches

by TheLocalTroll

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Inbound packet loss after the last two patches

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So have started to have constant packet loss in BFV after the two last patches. The packet loss is isolated to this game only and there are NO packet loss on my internet connection to any other game/service. Basically its the game that reports of packet loss while all other tools does not find one lost packet running simultaneously with the game. I'm stating this first before anyone tells me to check my internet connection etc. I can 100% guarantee its not my internet connection. To repeat myself: Its only happening in this game according to the game itself and there are no traces of any packet loss towards any other service even when measured at the same time as the game client claims packet loss.

According to the game client I'm running at up to 1,5 % loss at the "Packet loss in" seen in the network performance graph you can enable in options. None at the "Packet loss out" measure. It seems the warnings are shown when I have more than 0,5% packet loss.

Funny thing is that it went away for one game session after I reinstalled my graphic driver but it came back the next time I launched the game. 

I have checked both my firewall and router that all the ports are open and correctly forwarded. I have even added a few extra ports to the port forwarding that were marked as "hidden" BFV ports that I found in another thread. Unfortunately there are no ip listed for servers so I cant check if there are issues between me and the game servers outside of the client.

I have also excluded the entire BFV + Origin folders from my AV. 

Note that the game had no packet loss issue a few patches back so I'm not surprised the above didnt do anything. 

And I have of course done the classic reinstall game, repair game etc.

So my question is if anyone have had similar issues and found a fix for the game that I have not thought of. 

And please, dont tell med to restart my router or check with my ISP because it is not a general issue with my internet connection or the router. Its only in this game and only reported by the game client. BF1, Battlefront II and Anthem reports no issues so its ONLY BFV.

Edit:

So I managed to have a few rounds without any "Packet loss in" issues but as soon as i changed server it came back worse than ever.

I have also cleared origin cache, reinstalled game, turned of origin overlay etc and nothing helps.

I have also pinged easo.ea.com during gaming and even that returns no packet loss so it seems its something going on between most servers and my client.

I also have good fps, no rubberbanding or similar but I do notice the netcode seems to be worse when playing on servers where I get this issue

Message 1 of 3 (519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inbound packet loss after the last two patches

★★★★ Guide

So this just went away by itself without me doing anything.

Safe to assume it was an issue at EAs side and not mine?

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (476 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

So this just went away by itself without me doing anything.

Safe to assume it was an issue at EAs side and not mine?

Message 2 of 3 (477 Views)

EA DICE Team

As far I'm aware we have not done anything change but glad that it solved it self! Standard smile @TheLocalTroll 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 3 (443 Views)