Inability to Link Game to Steam Account

by SeinenShark

Original Post

Highlighted

Inability to Link Game to Steam Account

★★★ Newbie

Hey all, 

I tried multiple times linking Apex Legends to my Steam account to no avail. Apex directs me to the Steam client login page but it keeps timing out.

Also, an option to enter Steam Guard authentication codes sent to my account email does not show up. So after multiple attempts to connect via Apex, I was locked out from future login attempts. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

Thanks! 

Message 2 of 23 (20,498 Views)

Linking Steam Account

★★★★★ Newbie

The process to link my steam account to my origin's account isn't working. All I get is multiple emails from steam saying I'm attempting to log into my steam account. Might wanna look into that. It seems like it's attempting to go through the process multiple times which results in multiple emails per attempt.

Message 1 of 23 (20,202 Views)

Re: Inability to Link Game to Steam Account

★ Apprentice
When i try to link my account it just opens my browser and i have to close it from task manager because it stops responding
Message 3 of 23 (20,445 Views)

Re: Inability to Link Game to Steam Account

★★★ Newbie

i click to link my steam account and nothing happens.

Dont find my friends.

Message 4 of 23 (20,253 Views)

Troubles linking steam accout

★★★ Newbie

when i click the in game link to sign in to steam it takes me to a page that says "convars: { stryder_security: "" }"

Message 5 of 23 (20,728 Views)

Re: Troubles linking steam accout

★★★ Newbie

I think there might be a time out issue or something, every now and then if i just go back and try again and again and again, i'll eventually get to the next screen but i can't go from there. it just says incorrect login.

Message 6 of 23 (20,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I managed to finally connect the account.

In the end i just kept trying to connect the account over and over and over again, i'd get the error a lot but it eventually went through.

Message 7 of 23 (20,528 Views)

★★ Apprentice
same problem
cant play - stuck on loading
cant login - convars: { stryder_security: "" }
Message 8 of 23 (20,405 Views)

Link with Steam Account

★★ Novice

Is this broken for anyone else? It will link very briefly but quickly forget the link.

Message 9 of 23 (20,148 Views)

Re: Link with Steam Account

★★★ Guide
It worked for me, have tried doing it again?
Message 10 of 23 (20,143 Views)