Re: Inability to Access Free Pack & Google Play Services

by lmnmst

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Inability to Access Free Pack & Google Play Services

★★ Novice

Hello, I am having problems in accessing the "It Gets Better" Free Pack and I cannot login the Google Play Services when launching the game.

1a.png1b.png

The Google Play Services issue has been annoying me for 2-3 weeks already but it has not affected my game progress until the release of the free pack.

2a.png2b.png

The free pack window does not pop up.  When I visit the store, I can only see the Lotsa Lights and Uptown Chic Pack.

I have sent tickets to Customer Experience and tried their suggested methods like restarting the device, clearing cache, closing all other background applications etc.

But still the problems are there.  I sincerely hope that you can fix this at your earliest convenience as I really wish to get the free pack in supporting the LGBT campaign.  If it happens that I could not obtain the free pack, can EA extend the collection period OR manually add the items to our closet Embarrassed?

Anyone could not see the Free Pack offer as well?  Please support!  Thank you very much Thumbs up

Message 1 of 5 (1,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@lutyinnSul Sul, I'm Lmnmst (just another user), I have experiencing that packs offer not showing.
Please try as @EA_Arrenai suggest.

Here are my 2 workaround (bit sweat needed)💦;

+Please read it through

1. Try enable usage sharing. If enabled, disable. Then close game. Clear TSM cache. Start game, enable again. Close once more. And voila, packs coming in. Next day, other pack I missed is showing out (just newest and latest thou).

2. Try reinstall the game (This happens when I got a problem and need to reinstall the game).
Remember to write down your Player ID before it and connect to GooglePLay account to save the game progress. And later load the game from the cloud after reinstalled (the options come after selecting age, customized sims and at neighborhood, I'm playing Android Phone anw). Please take a good read to read before advancing when selecting the save.

Plus (more is more)
+ Full Google account sweep.
First, logout (remove your Google account from phone, remember to sync to cloud first, or make backup for what needs)
Second, check GooglePlay Games if it's clear for your related account. Clear, go next step. Not, log out from it.
Third, Clear the cache of GooglePlay Store, Games and Download Manager.
Forth, restart.
Fifth, Open the game and login to your Google Account. It's okay too if you want to login first before open the game.
Sixth, wait for couple seconds it should loads the pack, try to close and open again the apps if not.

That worked for me.
If you wanna try it, remember to save the PlayerID, Your Sims' name, receipt, last event, and other info that proves you are the owner. Hope there's no problem, but just in case anything happens.
Feel free to ask and share the results..

Edit to add:

Hope next event, they could make inbox (or like Heirloom box of event) so the event items goes right thru there. If you don't want get it then leave it. If you want then add to collection. So everyone gets it.

*Cheers
*Stay Healthy

Lmnmst

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,039 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul, @lutyinn! That sounds super rough, and I totally get not wanting to miss out on it.

There's a great Google troubleshooting article that I'd like to see if it improves the behavior of Google Play Services for you. Can you try running this article on the Google Play Services app specifically?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@lutyinnSul Sul, I'm Lmnmst (just another user), I have experiencing that packs offer not showing.
Please try as @EA_Arrenai suggest.

Here are my 2 workaround (bit sweat needed)💦;

+Please read it through

1. Try enable usage sharing. If enabled, disable. Then close game. Clear TSM cache. Start game, enable again. Close once more. And voila, packs coming in. Next day, other pack I missed is showing out (just newest and latest thou).

2. Try reinstall the game (This happens when I got a problem and need to reinstall the game).
Remember to write down your Player ID before it and connect to GooglePLay account to save the game progress. And later load the game from the cloud after reinstalled (the options come after selecting age, customized sims and at neighborhood, I'm playing Android Phone anw). Please take a good read to read before advancing when selecting the save.

Plus (more is more)
+ Full Google account sweep.
First, logout (remove your Google account from phone, remember to sync to cloud first, or make backup for what needs)
Second, check GooglePlay Games if it's clear for your related account. Clear, go next step. Not, log out from it.
Third, Clear the cache of GooglePlay Store, Games and Download Manager.
Forth, restart.
Fifth, Open the game and login to your Google Account. It's okay too if you want to login first before open the game.
Sixth, wait for couple seconds it should loads the pack, try to close and open again the apps if not.

That worked for me.
If you wanna try it, remember to save the PlayerID, Your Sims' name, receipt, last event, and other info that proves you are the owner. Hope there's no problem, but just in case anything happens.
Feel free to ask and share the results..

Edit to add:

Hope next event, they could make inbox (or like Heirloom box of event) so the event items goes right thru there. If you don't want get it then leave it. If you want then add to collection. So everyone gets it.

*Cheers
*Stay Healthy

Lmnmst

Message 3 of 5 (1,040 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you both! I am pleased to inform you that @lmnmst 's method worked perfectly for me and other players.

I finally fixed the Google Play Services as well as collected the Free Pack. I can't wait to dress up my Sims!

But to be frank, I had not re-installed the game just for safety Tongue out

Picture 1.pngPicture 2.png

Message 4 of 5 (997 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@lutyinn Im glad the problem solved. I also not using all method at once. Just once per method.

Happy Simming!

* Cheers
* Stay Healthy

Lmnmst
Message 5 of 5 (994 Views)