Re: In game voice chat not working

by L2push

Original Post

In game voice chat not working

★★ Novice

For almost a month now, I’ve had no in game voice chat. Two friends had the same problem, but it has since resolved for them. Mine is still not working. I went as far as to completely uninstall then reinstall the game in s suggestion from another apex player whom I was on a squad with in a random game. That person also said it was probably from violating the text to chat rules. I haven’t used text to chat in a loooooong time, as in several months before this issue arose and then was only on an absolute have to situation, as I typically used party chat on my mobile to talk with my fellow squadmates(the two friends previously mentioned). 

I’ve reset all my options to default, checked everything to do with a mic on my xbox, and still no voice chat. My mic works perfectly fine, as I use it in party chat daily. I’m honestly getting aggravated to the point of abandoning the game after this season is over.

Message 1 of 11 (592 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ChylerLuvsChim

Have you tried reaching out to Xbox Support to see if there are any chat restrictions on your account? I'm afraid that's not something we would be able to see from our side. 

You can find more details on how to reach them over at the Xbox Support website. Let me know what you find out. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 11 (526 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi.

I had the same problem and posted to this forum. The bug is still in the game but a few days after it started working again. I tried turning my Xbox on and off still wasn't working then all of a sudden it decided to work so I have no idea.

Message 3 of 11 (521 Views)

★★ Novice

I contacted them and they said it was my nat because it’s set to strict. I’ve been using the same nat type for nearly a year and no problems. I cant change it either, because i currently live in a hotel and we dont have access to that stuff. 

Message 4 of 11 (490 Views)

Community Manager

@ChylerLuvsChim 

Gotcha. 

A hotel's network connection is probably behind some pretty strict firewalls considering the amount of traffic it would be dealing with. It's most likely blocking the ports that would be needed for the chat to function. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 11 (464 Views)

★★ Novice

It very well could be. I would use my phone’s hotspot, but a friend said the chat doesn’t work using that either. 

At this rate, i might as well go buy a hotspot to use for it. Thanks for the help. 

Message 6 of 11 (455 Views)

★★ Novice

So, I was informed a little bit ago that my husband did an update on our xbox. My chat is now working in game again, so it may be a corrupted or incomplete update. I have an xbox one x, if anyone else is having the same problem and has the same console, its probably a glitch or bad update and they need to download the latest update. 

again, I’m purely speculating on this, but it fixed my problem, so maybe it will fix someone else’s.

Message 7 of 11 (438 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, playing on xbox one with an open NAT and inside a DMZ. Everything should be ok, but it's not working. It shoudn't be so difficult to chat online game.

Message 8 of 11 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@IIIIJETHROIIII 

Check for any updates on your xbox. I rarely power mine down since it’s a pain to get it connected back to the internet, and from my understanding, it doesn’t check for updates or install them unless you power down. 

If that’s not the issue, then i would check your settings in game if it’s game chat and your xbox settings as well if it’s an overall chat problem. 

Could also try a different headset with different plug in types as well as a different controller. I’ve had problems with both since i tends to drop both in the floor when i get shaky. 

I hope one of these helps. 

Message 9 of 11 (392 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ChylerLuvsChim Thanks, but my Xbox is up to date and my mic is working fine on any devices at home. Frown
Message 10 of 11 (384 Views)