In game voice chat PVZ GW2 thes not worck

by UsaveU

Original Post

Re: In game voice chat PVZ GW2 thes not worck

★ Novice

Check your online safety/security settings. Must be logged in as an adult to change.

Message 11 of 24 (2,088 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PC voice chat just simply does not work and hasn't been acknowledged by staff yet.

Message 12 of 24 (2,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 24 (2,073 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for bringing that to my attention @WootCandy

I've spoken to some of the QA team and they've confirmed this is a known issue that is being worked on. For now I've merged the threads and added this to the known issues.

Sorry I can't provide more info at this time.

- Andy -

Message 14 of 24 (10,198 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to add another disappointed user. I purchased this game for my son who loves the interaction he has on the GW1 on the XBOX. He wanted to go PC as he had thought it would be better. I thought the no voip issue was my system related and so it took me a while to figure out that my system is fine and the issue is game specific. I am now well past my return time frame and the agent offered me a 15% discount an a future purchase.

At any rate, after a long chat session with a EA "game advisor" who had given me several wrong links to other ea forums.. fifa, ea sports, I found this discussion and showed him/her.

The only advice the adviser could say was to post the issue and wait. Seeing that no one has responded here in a few weeks, I bet this will take a while.

Message 15 of 24 (1,990 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sirexcel

Hi, 

Again I'm not affiliated with EA in any way, I'm just a user.

I feel for you and your son but this actually might be a blessing in disguise.  Allow me to explain.

On PC games using in-game voice chat hasn't been extremely popular among the PC crowd.  Typically PC gamers use Ventrilo, Skype, Teamspeak, Mumble or others.  It gets you away from the general public and everything that's associated with it (people are nasty on the internet).  The quality of the communications is often much higher too.

On the first GW1, I couldn't stand the in-game voice chatter on PC.  I typically played with a handful of people I met on fan sites (including this one) using teamspeak. I just google'd this from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZGardenWarfare/comments/49qn08/ts3_server_for_pc_players/   I'm not sure how many use it or if any use it at all.  Depending on the age of your son, you may want to talk to the people first to find out  if they suitable to play with your son.

At the end of the day, it's an advertised feature and it isn't working.  Hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later for those who want to use it.

Best of luck to you.

Message 16 of 24 (1,978 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks WootCandy,

I found the chat on PvZ1 to be annoying myself, but the kid fit right in. Hopefully he wasn't too bad listening to. He seemed to be mostly focused on having the odd chat with where people were from but he certainly talked with team mates to gain an advantage over the other team.

Unfortunately, because this feature isn't working, he finds the game boring. He needs that interactivity. So I will definitely try out your suggestion of the 3rd party chat. Actually, I am surprised that there isn't more thinking like this to overcome the problem since it doesn't look like it will be solved anytime soon.

As an update to my complaint... my ticket/complaint was closed the next morning. Not sure how or why they would close a work ticket if the issue isn't resolved. I certainly wouldn't let my IT department get away with that.

Again, thanks for the idea. Wish there was a formal response from the developer.

Message 17 of 24 (1,966 Views)

★★ Novice

That has been 2 weeks without any update...Origin? EA? Popcap?

Message 18 of 24 (1,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I know this is old but has this been fixed yet?  I have been trying to play with friends over Internet and LAN and cannot get it to work.  My mic works fine in PVZGW1 and all other games I play online.  I can't find any posts about EA planning on fixing this?  I bought 3 copies of this game for myself, my son and his friend at $60 each and 3 months later still no VOIP resolutions????   For such a pricey game you would think this stuff would be fixed.  I have $180 invested in this game and to see the developers just leave it broken is very frustrating.

Message 19 of 24 (1,913 Views)

★★ Novice

As my posts above have stated... I am disappointed myself. There has been no formal response from anyone other than the help I received above. I still feel it was extremely frustrating to see the techs close my complaint with no resolution.

Message 20 of 24 (1,881 Views)