In game voice chat PVZ GW2 thes not worck

by UsaveU

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In game voice chat PVZ GW2 thes not worck

★★★ Newbie

i cant event voice chat i have a mic  when im in game it whont worck and i thont see players speack can some help how can i fix this

Message 9 of 24 (8,967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In game voice chat PVZ GW2 thes not worck

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for bringing that to my attention @WootCandy

I've spoken to some of the QA team and they've confirmed this is a known issue that is being worked on. For now I've merged the threads and added this to the known issues.

Sorry I can't provide more info at this time.

- Andy -

View in thread

Message 14 of 24 (10,164 Views)

All Replies

[PC] Voice Chat not Functional

★★★ Novice

Since launch it appears that the voice chat functionality in GW2 is not functional on the PC side. By default the binding for PTT is left alt. It will never activate the microphone, on the same note, I have not heard chat from anyone in game either. 

I saw this reported previously and I posted about it on Twitter, where I received a reply to reinstall the game. This did not work.

I was hoping that this would get fixed with the recent update, but it has not improved at all.

Message 1 of 24 (8,962 Views)

Re: [PC] Voice Chat not Functional

Hero (Retired)

Try right clicking on the Speaker icon at the bottom right.

Recording Devices

Right Click on the one you use and Set as Default Communications Device.

Message 2 of 24 (8,960 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mic is enabled and functional. If I hit left alt, it will not trigger the mic toggle (as shown graphically in the lobby) at all. Even if that was the case, I don't hear anyone ever talk either. I find it nearly impossible that no one ever talks while in any matches that I am in. It has been reported before, and I don't believe it has been fixed as of yet.

Message 3 of 24 (8,954 Views)

FIX the broken VOIP (PC) already

★★ Novice

So, are you guys going to fix the broken VOIP (PC) or just continue to ignore the fact it doesn't work at all?  You have a team based game and not one way to communicate with anyone during gameplay.  C'mon man!

Message 4 of 24 (8,936 Views)

Re: FIX the broken VOIP (PC) already

★★ Novice

Before someone replies stating such, no, I did not realize this wasn't an official or semi-official ea forum for the game.  I see now that it is only community supported.  Thus, stating their VOIP is broken here is useless...just as it is on their twitter page.

Message 5 of 24 (8,928 Views)

Re: FIX the broken VOIP (PC) already

★★★★★ Expert

As per the separate discussion about cheating, that one is definitely miles outside our bailiwick.  This one may be more likely to be copied for escalation, if it isn't an isolated situation, but as you surmise, few actual details from here in AHQ are seen by anyone with real power to do anything substantial. 

Message 6 of 24 (8,925 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same thing happens to me and to every friend I've asked about it. It seems it is a common issue yet to be solved.

By the way my mic is functional as well as I can skype and even use origin voice chat.

Message 7 of 24 (8,941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem. My headset works with every voip services, and in other games too. But in GW2 i cant hear anyone, and my microphone isnt active in the game.

Message 8 of 24 (8,926 Views)

Re: In game voice chat PVZ GW2 thes not worck

★ Novice

What platform are you playing on? xbox one?

Message 10 of 24 (8,937 Views)