In-game overlay doesn't respond to mouse clicks

by Yogusugoy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In-game overlay doesn't respond to mouse clicks

★ Novice

When I open the in-game overlay I cannot interact with it or close it, instead I can only click on the game interface in the background. For the same reason, I cannot accept the invitation to the group, I can see it, but there is no reaction to pressing Y key or mouse clicks.

ps I can open the overlay only by clicking on advertising offers, it does not respond to the keyboard shortcuts specified in the settings, I even tried to change them. But it doesn't really bother me, if I could press something there.

Message 1 of 6 (1,040 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In-game overlay doesn't respond to mouse clicks

Community Manager

@Yogusugoy 

Gotcha, thanks. 

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you run Apex Legends? If there is something else running that's interfering with Origin In-game that might help get around it. For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how it goes once you've had a chance to give it a shot. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (958 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Yogusugoy,

Are you running any other overlays at the moment in addition to Origin In-Game? If so, can you try disabling them to see if that makes any difference at all? It sounds like there might be something that's interfering with Origin In-Game. I've seen some cases where other overlays can cause issues like this. 

Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (992 Views)

★ Novice

I turned off overlays in all programs, although none of them are even running.

Message 3 of 6 (980 Views)

Community Manager

@Yogusugoy 

Gotcha, thanks. 

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you run Apex Legends? If there is something else running that's interfering with Origin In-game that might help get around it. For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how it goes once you've had a chance to give it a shot. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (959 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, it helped me a lot. As it turned out, the problem was in the propcess "EntryProtect Inject Service" from Citrix, which I use for my WFH. Apparently I will have to reboot and disable this process between work and play.

Message 5 of 6 (877 Views)

Community Manager

@Yogusugoy 

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for following up!

I'm glad to hear you were able to narrow down what was causing it to happen. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (689 Views)