In game lag every couple minutes

by UsainPW

Original Post

In game lag every couple minutes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Every game I get into I have lag that will make me jump frames backwards every couple mins. Never had any problems in the past, I'm using a strong LAN connection to my PS4 so I know that's not the problem. Ive tried switching servers and the same thing happens. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (414 Views)

Re: In game lag every couple minutes

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@UsainPW Hey, it sounds like there's some network issues going on here, leading to the stutter you describe. 

To start with, can you power cycle your router? Sometimes they just need to refresh and that'll make some stranger issues go away. 

You can also test - if you share your network with people - if another device doing something (like starting a download) is triggering the stutter. 

There are more steps here, including the uotrace tool, which will run a test to our servers and can help with finding where an issue is occurring on a network: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (379 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply but unfortunately nothing has worked for me yet. 

Message 3 of 7 (353 Views)

Community Manager

@UsainPW 

Are you able to login to your router's admin panel to see if you have the latest firmware update and also check to see if you can enable/disable IPv6? This way you can see if you have better connectivity on either an IPv4 or IPv6 connection. 

Having quite some luck setting the DNS manually to the Google one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) for people having constant disconnect and connection issues on console.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My routers hardware is up to date, and I've attached a picture of my IPV settings, not to sure what to change on it. Thanks for the reply. 

Message 5 of 7 (328 Views)

★ Apprentice

@UsainPW  its Game server fault..... they dont have enough number of servers to handle huge influx of players ........ its as simple as that

you wont find any solutions here coz nothing is wrong with your PC or ur Internet

Message 6 of 7 (322 Views)

★★ Novice

That's what I was thinking but thought I'd see if there was something I could do BC I literally can't play a solid game. But thank you for the reply. 

Message 7 of 7 (318 Views)