In-game Framerate drops so bad today

by haassyy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In-game Framerate drops so bad today

★★ Apprentice

Framerate drops so bad today ...I've tried to check for updates for Win10 and the graphic driver also I've tried to use the lowest graphics details in the games options too and tried the solution provided in this report but that didn't solve the problem :
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Framerate-drop-after-update/m-p/8172874#M50465
I had this several times today and that made my the game unplayable and got me killed once I engage anyone in game ...

I've tried to record a video I took in training part where I had the same fps glitch ...

Message 1 of 11 (3,018 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In-game Framerate drops so bad today

Hey @haassyy 

Thanks for attaching the Dxdiag file.

I had a look at the Diagnostics and found a few things.

First of all:

Try a Clean bootThis will tell you if the issue is caused by software running in the background.
You mentioned there are no Windows update, please click the Check for Update button again just to make sure.
Try disabling all In-game overlays (Discord, Origin) and also any GPU tweaking software (MSI Afterburner).

Do a full scan with a Anti Virus / Anti Maleware Tool.
I recommend: Malwarebytes

(Attention: Avast & AVG flag Apex as male-ware, add Apex as exception before the scan with those.)

If you have done all of this, try reinstalling Origin.
A lot of spikes have been solved by just a fresh install of Origin.

Let me know if this solved your issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (2,972 Views)

All Replies

Hey @haassyy 

Thanks for attaching the Dxdiag file.

I had a look at the Diagnostics and found a few things.

First of all:

Try a Clean bootThis will tell you if the issue is caused by software running in the background.
You mentioned there are no Windows update, please click the Check for Update button again just to make sure.
Try disabling all In-game overlays (Discord, Origin) and also any GPU tweaking software (MSI Afterburner).

Do a full scan with a Anti Virus / Anti Maleware Tool.
I recommend: Malwarebytes

(Attention: Avast & AVG flag Apex as male-ware, add Apex as exception before the scan with those.)

If you have done all of this, try reinstalling Origin.
A lot of spikes have been solved by just a fresh install of Origin.

Let me know if this solved your issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@ZeelmaekersReally thank you !! That is great, the game has worked perfectly after doing these steps;
I've done a Clean boot then removed all In-game overlays including ''windows10 game bar , Origin, geforce experience overlay '' ...
Also I've changed the ''power management mode '' in nvidia control panel to maximum performance for apex legends executable file ...

Then I've tried apex game and it didn't have any problems even on in-game high graphic quality ... :D

But I'm still not sure about what the main reason for the problem was yet.

Message 3 of 11 (2,936 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers didnt work out for me. Since last week Friday the game is unplayable. Out of nowhere i experience lags, shutters, ingame freezes and so on. Framerate drops from 150 fps to 50.. skulltown is constant between 45-90 fps unplayable. PLEASE FIX THE GAME!
Message 4 of 11 (2,418 Views)

★ Apprentice
@haassyy is this true ? cause I tried it many times and it doesn't change a single thing.
Message 5 of 11 (2,408 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@peecybee Yes, It worked for me ... You need to do a ''clean boot'' and the other stuff realted to your graphic card type then restart your PC and check the gameplay .

Message 6 of 11 (2,380 Views)

★ Guide
@haassyy thanks bro! but it didn't work for me. Nothing works. The game is completely broken.
Message 7 of 11 (2,356 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@m0NEYof There are multiple solutions that did work for others but didn't work for me , you can try them all too

1st one:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Framerate-drop-after-update/m-p/8172874#M50465

2nd one:
Try to reduce the priority of ''EasyAntiCheat'' process in the task manager to the lowest...

in addition if you are using ''Nvidia geforce experience'' go to ''options'' then ''battery boost'' and deactivate it cause battery boost was activated automatically after the last update ...

I hope that will help
Message 8 of 11 (2,317 Views)

★ Guide
@haassyy Thank you very much, I will try and notice if successful!
Message 9 of 11 (2,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@haassyynothing works ... Frown

I tried to repair the EAC files, tried a clean boot, reduced the EasyAntiCheat process priority, but it doesn't work, nothing solves that.

I am very frustrated and sad about it, I will look for another game to play.

Thanks for the attention friend.

Message 10 of 11 (2,293 Views)