Re: Improvments for bayonet

by webstar29

Original Post

Improvments for bayonet

★★★★ Novice
The bayonet is a really amazing killing tool, but it lacks so much;
1. If you miss the player by a small amount, half the time you run right passed him- I feel if a soldier had to bayonet charge an enemy in real life and missed, he would at the least hit him with the back of his gun? Or elbow him.
2. If you happen to be on the defensive side of this, and you do move away enough, surely you would trip him and if you time your bayonet charge better why not let the go down and stab him in the stomach like a counter bayonet?
3.the recharge time of the bayonet is quite slow for trained soldiers that would be fairly fit.
4. If you use half your bayonet charge let your bayonet charge full up twice and fast and if you use a small amount in a very close combat situation? Why punish the player for the full cool down time?

Really a huge fan of the game. In my opinion is literally the best fps ever.
Message 1 of 6 (435 Views)

@webstar29 wrote:
The bayonet is a really amazing killing tool, but it lacks so much;
1. If you miss the player by a small amount, half the time you run right passed him- I feel if a soldier had to bayonet charge an enemy in real life and missed, he would at the least hit him with the back of his gun? Or elbow him.
2. If you happen to be on the defensive side of this, and you do move away enough, surely you would trip him and if you time your bayonet charge better why not let the go down and stab him in the stomach like a counter bayonet?
3.the recharge time of the bayonet is quite slow for trained soldiers that would be fairly fit.
4. If you use half your bayonet charge let your bayonet charge full up twice and fast and if you use a small amount in a very close combat situation? Why punish the player for the full cool down time?

Really a huge fan of the game. In my opinion is literally the best fps ever.

Then you'll be quite disappointed that the bayonet is being nerfed in an upcoming patch due to community feedback. In actual Bayonet training we practice countering and stabbing so I'd like to see a counter bayonet option added.

The devs do not monitor this forum so you are better off posting your feedback over in the official Battlefield forums here:  https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 6 (425 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Already posted up here, thanks though.
Message 3 of 6 (422 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @webstar29 and thank you for this feedback. Some great ideas you have there. Bayonet charge does feels a bit overpowered right now. It is difficult to master, but once you`ve done it, you are literally unstoppable. 

Archi.png
Message 4 of 6 (415 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It is a really nice tool, but it lacks a certain finesse about it. I understand it's a crude killing tool, but the actually bayonet system could be so much nicer.
Message 5 of 6 (410 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@webstar29 

Personally I find it very appropriate to have this crude tool of war in the game about The Great War. We will see, how developer will handle this in the future. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 6 of 6 (403 Views)