Re: Immense lag and connection issues on Xbox One

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Immense lag and connection issues on Xbox One

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I’ve been playing Apex on Xbox One since season 0, but in around season 3, lag and stuttering started occurring. Since then, it’s only gotten worse. I assumed that it might’ve just been because of how popular the game has become. Regardless, I’ve still tried to do everything I can to fix these problems. 

What usually ends up happening in a normal match, is the lag kicks in instantly, and stays consistently stuttering only to show me a snippet of the game every 10 seconds or so. Eventually it just kicks me out with Code: Shoe. However, arena does seem to work moderately well, but when the game ends, I can’t go back to the lobby. It just stays frozen no matter how long I wait, so I’m forced to exit out completely. One thing I’ve always noticed about my games is that the packet loss icon pops up all the time. Servers also almost always have at least a 2% packet loss. 

I’ve viewed many sources on the topic over the years, articles about code: shoe, and just connection issues in general. It seems it’s a problem some, just not all, clearly. I have a friend I used to play who’s a neighbor right next to me, and his game works completely fine on the same system, on the same servers. 

I have tried everything I have seen and can think of to fix it. I tried resetting the router, uninstalling and reinstalling the game multiple times. I have attempted to clear the MAC address, and change my DNS settings. I even deleted my local save data. Nothing seems to work so now, I turn to you all. I do truly love what this game was but now, connection issues have made this game extremely frustrating. I seek any and all help I can get and will try anything to fix this. 

Message 1 of 4 (706 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@ChargedClouds 

Got it, thanks!

Have you tried setting a static IP address for your Xbox to see if that helps? The Port Forward website has some instructions on how you can set that up. If you're able to give it a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks again. 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (570 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ChargedClouds,

Which datacenter are you connecting to? Have you tried switching to any others to test and see if that makes a difference at all? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

Sorry for the late response. As far as switching datacenters, I’ve tried that quite a bit. I’ve tried pretty much every server and it pretty much always stays the same.

Message 3 of 4 (589 Views)

Community Manager

@ChargedClouds 

Got it, thanks!

Have you tried setting a static IP address for your Xbox to see if that helps? The Port Forward website has some instructions on how you can set that up. If you're able to give it a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (571 Views)