Re: Immediate crash after trying surgical career

by lk7j8e12zu99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Immediate crash after trying surgical career

★★★ Apprentice

I have been having many problems with the sims. 

It started with traits and a persistent help tip which I already did a bug report for. 

Then my retired sims made a come back and two of my current generation sims were lost along with the sergical career.

i re-retired the obviously aged sims when I saw I had the option to again and replaced them with new randomly generated sims.

now every time I try to do the career the game instantly crash and I am taken back to iPhone home screen. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,393 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

It seems to be all good on the newest update. Thank you 💜

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,401 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Thank you for the report! Standard smile I suggest you join the surgeon career with a different Sim as a workaround for the crash while we're looking into this. 

Message 2 of 7 (1,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue and now, in spite of all the uninstall/reinstall, etc tries, my game won’t even load! I’m level 40 and have invested a huge amount of time and $$ and REALLY dont want to start over!! Please give any suggestions I can try  - and hopefully there will be a fix coming soon....

Message 3 of 7 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It seems to be all good on the newest update. Thank you 💜

Message 4 of 7 (1,402 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having this same issue.  It started out with the surgical career and now it seems like all my sims are affected.  The sim completed the surgical career and the game booted him out of his own career and suddenly he didn’t have a job. So I tried to get a different Sim to join the surgical career and the game crashed then I tried to get the original sim to re-join that career and the game crashed and now that same sim can’t even work on his hobby. Every time I select his hobby the game crashes. 

Now all my other sims are having weird problems. Disappearing but the game thinks they’re in the water behind the house. I direct them to go to work but they have no options to interact with people or work items although they’re at work. If I play another sim at their job the first sim I sent to work comes back home and stands in front of the house and the games says they’re at work although they’re in front of the house. I have to send them back to work. 

All the while the original sim with the failed or buggy surgical career still can’t do anythin without crashing the game. 

I have also exhausted ALL the troubleshooting solutions to no avail. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, no go. Nothing I was told to do worked. 

Please come up with a fix SOON because I have spent a good amt of $ on this game and put a lot of work in on it. I’m at level 40 and expanding my land to make my house beautiful. As it stands now I’m so discouraged I don’t even want to play. 

PLEASE FIX THIS!

Message 5 of 7 (1,211 Views)

EA DICE Team

Sul sul, @ShaGlover2018  sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with The Sims mobile! 

I'm going to to have to advice you to go back to the EA support and ask for a rollback on your progression in order to fix it. To get in contact with EA support you need go through the game by going to settings > help & about > help > contact us

Best of luck and tag me in post if you need any help! :eahigh_file:

/Atic 

Message 6 of 7 (1,174 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic 

The rollback didn’t help. I still have the same issue. The person helping me seems to have given up. I have an open case but no communication since the 28th. I feel like deleting the game and reporting to Apple iTunes to get my $ back. I’m extremely disappointed 😔 

Message 7 of 7 (1,126 Views)