Im the only one having problems with RTX 3070?

by quimiron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Im the only one having problems with RTX 3070?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I recently bought an RTX 3070 and it works perfectly on other games and benchmarks, but on Battlefront 2 it works really poorly. Sometimes it works just fine at 1080p and I get max 60% usage, but sometimes randomly it gets to 99% usage and the fps drop like hell. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it just stays at low fps for some time. It also crashes in the menu. I know it's a brand new graphics card and probably it's a drivers thing, but I'd like to know if im the only one or is this happening to someone else.

Message 1 of 21 (16,451 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Im the only one having problems with RTX 3070?

★★★ Newbie

Hey there! You're not alone. I'm having all sorts of issues on anything but Low settings. I've been messing around with it, but part of the problem seems like it's the DX12 mode being broken. Have you tried turning that mode off?

View in thread

Message 5 of 21 (15,810 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 21 (16,279 Views)

★ Novice
@quimiron Me too! I am pretty upset, because I though I can play it on ultra with no problems Frown
Message 3 of 21 (16,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic
Hey dude!! i'm also having the same problem

i did a clean GPU driver install + clean SWBF2 install,
And i disabled any external overlays such as Origin / Discord / Nvidia Overlay
still no joy!

i've attached my Dxdiag in the hope you can help!!

(PS - I play lots of other games including BFV without this problem!! :O )

Message 4 of 21 (16,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there! You're not alone. I'm having all sorts of issues on anything but Low settings. I've been messing around with it, but part of the problem seems like it's the DX12 mode being broken. Have you tried turning that mode off?

Message 5 of 21 (15,811 Views)

EA DICE Team
@El_Mechacontext good find! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 6 of 21 (15,749 Views)

★ Novice

Don't take this the wrong way but thank God, I thought I was the only one with this issue. It's a very good looking game and I thought I was going to be able to max it out at 4K to get at least 30 FPS with an RTX 3070 and a Ryzen 3900x and not 2 FPS. I even configured Nvidia's GFE to run on optimal settings. 

What's even more strange is that GFE would say my optimal settings is somewhere near the middle regardless of the resolution I choose, and it sets everything to ultra when you scroll through the actual settings. This is not a new game at the time I am playing this and I am running nvidia's latest driver, 460.89. 

I find that in situations like ours that it's one setting that screws it all up. It would be more than appreciated if any of you guys have an idea of how to fix this. 

Message 7 of 21 (15,551 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue, I formatted the pc 1 week before getting the 3070 to install an SSD, I've installed the Nvidia drivers removing the old one with DDU because otherwise, the 3070 would crash in every game.

Can't play this game at 1440p low and can barely play at 1080p low.

Was running better on my old 1070.

Bad game is bad.

Message 8 of 21 (14,289 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@quimiron I had the same issue and fixed it with setting "Post Processing Quality" to "Low". Not sure why, but the rest works just fine even on Ultra etc.
Message 9 of 21 (14,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, had the same issue - with 3070 run 5-15 FPS on 1440p.

Tried Nvidia Geforce experience to set optimum setting, now running 120-200 FPS on ultra. The only switched off option is DX12, I dont see any other difference to my original setting. Hope this helps

Message 10 of 21 (13,769 Views)