Ill be refunding this game

by FURYBlakhart

Original Post

Ill be refunding this game

★★★ Apprentice

If EA does not address server connection and lag issues.

EA_Tom posted a known issues thread today and theres absolutely no acknowledgement of server lag and connection issues, the lack of transparency over matchmaking, and the lack of an ingame  ping or latency monitor.

This is just stupid for a game of this type.   The entire core experience of the game is Multiplayer...and yet most of us outside USA and Europe face latency issues that no amount of skill will overcome.

Its unplayable in its current form and unconscionable that EA would continue to push the game without addressing the concerns.

I have a great connection in my country.  I play many many other games with no issue.

Theres a thread here   https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-does-server-connection-matchmaking-work/m-p/9570630... that discusses more.

EA.   Wake up!   This games only future is in multiplayer abd if you dont resolve matchmaking and connection issues it has no future

Message 1 of 10 (556 Views)

Re: Ill be refunding this game

★★★★★ Novice

Took the words right out of my mouth, my squad and I have also submitted refund requests for exactly the same reasons.

Message 2 of 10 (496 Views)

★★ Apprentice

same... no acknowledgement of my issues, and it isn't even mentioned in bug list...  and it is significant..

NEW PATCH DID NOT FIX CRASH TO DESKTOP WHEN CLICKING "SOCIAL" BUTTON

Awful game management.  just downright awful.  I wouldn't even have payed 20 bucks for this *.

it's sad to ruin something that could have been so cool...

Message 3 of 10 (473 Views)

★★★ Novice

They wont acknowledge the mouse and keyboard controls are terrible either. despite numerous complaints. Im not going to buy additional hardware to play a game im probably not going to be playing 2 months from now. Of course you see CMs all over the forums, cherry picking their posts. ignoring most of us 

Message 4 of 10 (464 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Sev-qt How did you justify refund request to steam? They have a 2 hour play policy or something.
Message 5 of 10 (453 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Usually i just ask nicely and try to explain the situation.   In this case the purpose of the game is multiplayer and it simply is broken.  Therefore it does not function as expected at time if purchase.

If they give me any issues ill just throw an ACCC complaint in their face and make a complaint to my bank.

Unlike the USA, Australia actually has some decent consumer laws that will generally back you up.

Steam has normally been pretty good but two years ago they wouldnt refund Republic Commando and I had to smack them with an ACCC complaint before they gave in

Message 6 of 10 (435 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hotfix came in today. Give it another shot.

Message 7 of 10 (433 Views)

★★ Novice
@Jeroscope I initially had a good streak after patch and thought it was nearly as good as it can be.

Just tried now and got disconnected from 3 games in a row... so nothing’s fixed.
Message 8 of 10 (421 Views)

★★★ Novice

Weird. One of my regular squaddies had his DC problems fixed, so it may be another issue.

Im not surprised as the game wasnt public beta tested, so they may be encountering issues they didnt expect with all of the different hardware. The only other two games to do this kind of thing so far are Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen, and one of those isnt even out of Alpha testing and is five years overdue.

Message 9 of 10 (415 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@momouk32 wrote:
@Sev-qtHow did you justify refund request to steam? They have a 2 hour play policy or something.

I just got my refund as well after almost 2 weeks and 20+ hours played.

I just cited the relevant sections in Australian Consumer Rights law about the game being a "defective" product (citing the multiplayer and fact it was the central factor and point of buying th egame - and that it was not in a playable state)  and that under Australian Law defective products are entitled to a refund, repair, or replacement.  As Steam was unable to replace or repair the situation, they had to refund me.  I accepted the refund as a steam wallet - so at least they know ill spend that money with them again.

Pointed out that the legislation also provisions for if:  "you would not have engaged in the product or service if you had known the nature and extent of the problem..."   As I had no idea that the multiplayer was effectively defective when EA launched the game it stands to reason if I had, I never would have purchased it.  I also pointed out that up to that point EA had not even acknowledged the issue and I was tired of waiting for them to resolve it.

I also pointed out that our consumer laws supercede a stores refund policy (a store can have a NO REFUND sign sitting on their counter and thats actually illegal because you can still have rights under consumer law)  and that it applied to Online and Overseas retailers who do business in Australia as well.

Had the refund back within an hour.

Message 10 of 10 (312 Views)