Re: If my designated server is in Virginia, why am I connecting to a server in C

by rebuiltHK47

Original Post

Re: If my designated server is in Virginia, why am I connecting to a server in C

EA DICE Team

Hey,

We don't control the routing from you to our server, that part is up to your ISP. The game should automatic send you to the lowest ping site based on what have been sent from you to us in terms of connection data, but if that means that you connected across the country then it looks to be a routing issue.

The Ohio server would be closet compared to the other server, we don't have any server in Illinois

/Atic 

Message 11 of 12 (1,528 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You are partly correct in that it's not under you're control. However, the ISP doesn't control the route either. The route going from A to B isn't the same when going back from B to A.

I am also convinced I've been wrong about something else. I am placing that information in my original thread as well as some helpful details that should help with the issue I have.

Message 12 of 12 (517 Views)