Re: If my designated server is in Virginia, why am I connecting to a server in C

by rebuiltHK47

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If my designated server is in Virginia, why am I connecting to a server in CA?

★ Apprentice

Being in Houston, my "designated" server is listed as Virginia, however, no matter what server I set in the Options, I always connect to a server in California. Why is this?

IP Address Details for 159 153 38 49.png

Traceroute.JPG

Message 1 of 12 (1,323 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: If my designated server is in Virginia, why am I connecting to a server in C

EA DICE Team

Hey,

We don't control the routing from you to our server, that part is up to your ISP. The game should automatic send you to the lowest ping site based on what have been sent from you to us in terms of connection data, but if that means that you connected across the country then it looks to be a routing issue.

The Ohio server would be closet compared to the other server, we don't have any server in Illinois

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (1,526 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @SanDiegoAdam a quic question, do you see a difference in the ping on those sites? 

/Atic

Message 2 of 12 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If you are referring to the sites in the Options in game, then no. I have never noticed any difference.

What I am trying to figure is why I have such a horrible connection only to EA. Other online games, I have no connection issues.  I have done everything suggested on EA's troubleshooting and was investigating how I am routed when I noticed that I was constantly connecting to a server located in California which I found strange.

EDIT: Further clarification...the fact that there was no difference when changing the server location in Game Options is what led me to discover that I was connecting to the California server all the time.

Message 3 of 12 (1,256 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @SanDiegoAdam It does sounds like a routing issue from your pc to our servers. Raised eyebrow

Have you tried to do our network troubleshooting guide? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 12 (1,237 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I have followed the network troubleshooting guide.

Message 5 of 12 (1,226 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @SanDiegoAdam can you send me a Uo-tracer in a PM and Ill take a look to see what is going on. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 12 (1,224 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. I'm being connected to that server in calif. This is not cool.

Message 7 of 12 (1,201 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So has anything come of this? I'm having the EXACT same problem and haven't received a response as of yet. If this has a resolution to it, I'd like to see if it will aid me as well.

Message 8 of 12 (1,137 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @rebuiltHK47 Do you get connected to Cal where do you connect from?

/Atic 

Message 9 of 12 (1,035 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes. I am in Illinois. My game selected server is in Ohio.
Message 10 of 12 (1,022 Views)