INVOICE FAILED

by kir4

Original Post

INVOICE FAILED

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all,

I've created a new post at the beginning of this thread so it's easier for everyone to find the latest updates.

The INVOICE FAILED error is currently under investigation. While we don't know anything new at the moment we will keep you posted with more information going forward.

Thank you for your patience while our teams are looking into this.

Update September 12th: 

Origin recently launched their new storefront, and as you’ve noticed, some of the error messaging is insufficient. The “invoicefailed” message is particularly unhelpful, and we’re working on updating the copy to provide you with more details about the problem you have encountered. In most cases, this error message is being shown due to a problem processing your payment method. We suggest trying a different payment method, which should resolve the situation.

Thank you again for your patience while the teams were looking into it. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused by this.

Message 251 of 810 (37,106 Views)

INVOICE FAILED

★★★ Novice

when I want to buy in the store of origin shows me the following error: "INVOICE FAILED"

Message 1 of 810 (42,291 Views)

Re: INVOICE FAILED

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. No explanation is given abou the error!!

What is the issue?

Message 2 of 810 (41,927 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No idea but it bugs me to death :catmad:

Message 3 of 810 (41,925 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just want to use these new deals Frown

Message 4 of 810 (41,919 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here, and on my debit card I keep losing like a dollar or so out of no where. When the product I'm trying to purchase is 5.99.

Message 5 of 810 (41,842 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I changed my payment method; from my visa prepaid card to an actual visa credit card, it then mysteriously worked. Try changing your payment method, the EA advisors told me and it worked. Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 810 (41,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@fauxhd wrote:

same here, and on my debit card I keep losing like a dollar or so out of no where. When the product I'm trying to purchase is 5.99.

same thing here .. tried buying ME3 and got INVOICEFAILED, didnt get my game and a dollar was taken from my card

Message 7 of 810 (41,739 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, same problem here. So i guess we have been charged something for a failed purchase...interesting. I tried 3 or 4 times which means i was charged all times? How much is it?

i cant check right now because i dont have online banking.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 810 (41,635 Views)

★ Novice

I just had the same issue.  I spent an hour waiting for someone to talk to and they couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I was told to try again purchasing from the app and the website back and forth before I decided I didn't have time to try anymore.  It doesn't seem like there's a legit answer.  The guy I chatted with assured me that I had not be charged for my failed purchases. Guess I won't be buying the same while on sale afterall..

Message 9 of 810 (41,554 Views)