[INFO REQUEST] - PC - Extended black loading screen during Online Play

by EA_Andy

Original Post

[INFO REQUEST] - PC - Extended black loading screen during Online Play

Community Manager (retired)

Hey all,

For anyone that's having an issue with an extended black loading screen during online play after entering a cutscene for a race please let us know the following info so we can investigate further:

- Origin ID

- Time, date and timezone of when you last had this issue

Cheers,

- Andy -

Message 1 of 13 (3,566 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] - PC - Extended black loading screen during Online Play

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

ID: CarCharia5

Time: Around 18:30 CET +1 Denmark 

entering a race gets black loding screen and the the screen stops being black and the race is alrady started didnt get count down or anything i get then playing solo and not online to.

got alot of other black screens just doing normal stuff going to the garage and fast traveling. i dont have the exact time on this. but i lost alot of xp and bank on this. 

i got a high end gaming pc Nvidia RTX 2080 8gb i7  8750H. 32gb DDR4. and 1 tb ssd.

i suddenly today also get alot of lag and had non of this yesterday.

sorry my bad english.

Message 2 of 13 (3,456 Views)

I can hear the game is running but all I see is a black screen.

★★★ Novice

Got the game yesterday and when I try to open it I can hear the intro sounds and music but all I can see is a black screen, if I wait long enough there will be flickers of something like the nfs logo but otherwise it’s just black. This happened from the very first time I tried to play.

Pressing Alt+Enter to switch to windowed mode seems like it’s doing it as the sound cuts out for a second while it switches however the screen just remains black, Alt-Tabbing seems to work as the game sounds stop when I switch programs but the screen just remains black until I Alt-Tab back to where I hear the game and then use Alt+F4 to close it, at which point my desktop reappears.

I have tried disabling Origin Overlay and Origin In-game, tried resetting both my GPU and CPU overclocks back to factory settings, tried closing the few programs like Corsair IQ that are in the background, tried disabling HDR in Windows settings, tried repairing the game through Origin, tried clearing the Origin cache, tried re-installing the game, checked Windows Defender is letting the game and Origin through, tried using Nvidia control panel to force the game to run at only 30fps, Tried using DDU to clear out my GPU drivers and run it on some older versions.

Nothing works, the issue remains.

Specs: i7 9700k, RTX 2080 Ti Founder’s Edition, 32 GB RAM, OS and game are on the main NVMe drive but I also tried putting the game on a secondary SATA SSD too, Windows 10 is fully up-to date, I’m using the latest Nvidia drivers.

Other Origin and non-Origin games all work fine, the issue is just NFS Heat.

Message 3 of 13 (3,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

just had another one right now my car wouldent move on w and suddenly i was busted and the load screen just pop up and is black with the sound just looping. 

time 17:50 CET +1 denmark 

Message 4 of 13 (3,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Andy
Origin ID: McYeeter

It happened last night at, not sure exactly when but I'd say 12:15am-ish (CST) plus or minus an hour.

This has only happened to me one time so far since the 5th. And I didn't know it was an apparent issue in the game so I didn't think to record when exactly it happened.

Message 5 of 13 (3,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

ID: amkingchar

Didn't really saw the time when it was happening but it was very frequent (as for the cut scenes )

Now I was sent to this post due to another problem that is related to " Black Screen on Launch" or "Endless loading screen on both online and solo modes " "Crashing while mid race" 

and now my game is not even launching on the black screen ! I already have 22h in the game and at the 21h everything started to be a problem ! 

I am on 

Asus win 10 

Intel core i7-7700HQ

Nvidia GTX 1050ti 

I tried

1) Clear my cache 

2) The repair tool in origin 

3) Re install 

nothing of the above helped 

FYI: When I first launched the game i had to face the endless loading screen for online mode  once i restarted the game the loading screen took me at least 30s and most of the times once i started up the game until the 21st hour ! Also the game was running smoothly on high-mid 

Message 6 of 13 (3,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

ID: Kuch3nBear

for me Basically every 30-45 minutes, 1-2 minutes Blackscreen.

Sometimes the race already have started Large smile

19:25

20:50

21:25

Last long Online Event waiting blackscreen was 15 minutes ago

Message 7 of 13 (3,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My ID: Rickysan531

Mine launched ONCE after several tries and I was only able to get to the end of the very first intro mission where it went black.  The game does not launch on my PC after updating windows, my graphics drivers and trying different compatibility modes/resolutions and bitrates, verifying/repairing the game about 5 times atleast. Not only does it not launch, it crashes my PC (black screen) and I have to do a cold reboot everytime.  This has been happening since I bought the game yesterday.     

Ive requested a refund already.  Screw this.  

My Specs: 

Windows 10

Ryzen 7 2700x

GTX 1070TI

32GB RAM

Using an LG 4K TV as a monitor.  

Im suspecting its got something to do with HDR.  Even when I disable it on windows, the game doesnt care and turns it on.  Ive had issues with HDR crashing other games and I think this is the culprit atleast on my end.  My TV does not allow me to disable HDR completely and even when I dont have it set, the game goes and switches my TV settings aswell.  Just make HDR off by default.  Dont understand why they would need that on by default as not many even have an HDR TV.  

Message 8 of 13 (3,209 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OID: NemixDev
T/D/TZ: Around 11:00AM, 11.12.2019, CEST

I figured out what triggers that black screen, while on loading screen before the race if you keep tapping (revving the engine like) gas key in my case UP ARROW (also tried with W which is default and its the same), after loading ends its just black screen for a while, i think for the time all the animations/cinematic finishes, the one we usually press enter/skip on, and after 3, 2, 1, when the race begins, no more black screen and you continue normally, i mean everything shows up and you race and what not...

Message 9 of 13 (3,191 Views)

Community Manager

@NemixDev @rickysan531 @KuchenBear @amkingchar 

Just to let you guys know that progress has been made on this issue and a potential fix will be included in an upcoming (not necessarily the next patch) patch.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 10 of 13 (3,157 Views)