Re: [INFO REQUEST] Hit Registration

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

[FIXED/CLOSED] Hit Registration

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

*UPDATE 5/27/20* This Hit Registration was eventually addressed in a previous update. Closing thread to avoid necroposting. See this post for Season 5: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Hitbox-hit-registration-season-5/m-p/9089512#M32195

Legends of Kings Canyon,

The Apex Legends team is looking to get community feedback around hit registration and we're requesting the following information below. We know Pathfinder was a Legend you wanted to see improvements on and we would like to gauge you all on where we're at for hit registration for all Legends. Thank you for any help you can ping our way!

• Are you still experiencing hit registration issues? How often? Once/game? Once/session? Once/week?
  • Does Pathfinder still feel difficult to hit?
  • Does being spectated increase hit registration issues?
  • While spectating someone else, do their hits appear to land properly?
  • Which datacenter are you connecting to and what region are you from?
  • Do you see it happen more often with specific weapons, if so, which ones?
  • If possible, can you attach a record clip or link to one in this post highlighting hit registration concerns?

Pathfinder.JPG

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 24 (3,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I'm shocked at no responses to this. Is it worth sticking a link to this in the general forum maybe?

I'm on PS4 (London server) and think hit registration has improved somewhat. Pathfinder seems better but I need more time to test.

Wattson can seem hard to hit from time to time but the servers can still be quite unstable so I don't know if this is legend related or connection issues.

Any issues I encounter this week, I'll try to remember to clip them and post here.

Message 2 of 24 (3,688 Views)

★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I have a few issues each night when i play that i am 100% sure i am spot on and i get no damage at all. Pathfinder or any legends really.
Sometimes i shoot get hit registration and still dont get the damage point at the and of the match.
Playing on xbox, Amsterdam servers.
Message 3 of 24 (3,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
  • Are you still experiencing hit registration issues? How often? Once/game? Once/session? Once/week?
  • Sometimes it looks like one shot from a series of shots at long range will land directly on a target but won't register. In battles upclose / midrange with all legends and guns- shots are landing nicely.
  • I'd say once every few matches. Depends how many long range fights my team takes and if I'm picking up a Wingman.
  • Not anymore Standard smile
  • No
  • Yes
  • Salt Lake / Pacific NA
  • Wingman, R301, Hemlock
Message 4 of 24 (3,561 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@7cyanide wrote:
  • Sometimes it looks like one shot from a series of shots at long range will land directly on a target but won't register. In battles upclose / midrange with all legends, everything has been great.
  • I'd say once every few matches. Depends how many long range fights my team takes and if I'm picking up a Wingman.
  • Not anymore Standard smile
  • No
  • Yes
  • Salt Lake / Pacific NA
  • Wingman, R301, Hemlock

@7cyanide 

Thank you for responding in the requested format. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 24 (3,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hit reg issues can happen sometimes on each session, most of the times on the early game.

It is easier now to hit him.

Spectator counter is off for the moment, I can't tell.

Sometimes spectate feels weird, like twitching motions while the player is moving; their hits can appear to be not landing properly sometimes.

Frankfurt, 18 ms ping 0% PL, I'm from EU

Can't tell, probably there's no specific weapon.

• If possible, can you attach a record clip or link to one in this post highlighting hit registration concerns?

Sure, I recorded just today a crisp clean headshot from point blank distance that wasn't registered.

Link to the clip (YT)

Keep up the good work, the game besides the issues is awesome!

Message 6 of 24 (3,365 Views)

★★★ Guide

i have this problem and create me big big problem, i see number of damage but no knoked and every round = code:leaf, i think is linked this problem with code:leaf

Message 7 of 24 (3,223 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • Are you still experiencing hit registration issues? How often? Once/game? Once/session? Once/week? - Every Day, same with kill tracking and credit to missions. Does not track correctly.
  •  
  • Does Pathfinder still feel difficult to hit? no
  • Does being spectated increase hit registration issues? unsure
  • While spectating someone else, do their hits appear to land properly? yes
  • Which datacenter are you connecting to and what region are you from? Virginia usually, Northeast
  • Do you see it happen more often with specific weapons, if so, which ones? all
  •  
Message 8 of 24 (3,080 Views)

★ Guide

I have never had trouble hitting pathfinders specifically. It's mostly just the lag on the game and packetloss which seems to either make shots do no damage or completely miss the target because they arent actually standing there anymore. Im surprised pathfinder got the damage increase for all incoming damage. That didnt seem necessary to me. I can see it for wraith and lifeline but i didnt think pathfinder needed it too. 

Message 9 of 24 (3,022 Views)

★★ Novice

I experience hit registration issues every single game. There are lots of situations were the enemy gets hit with my bullet and the hit mark doesn't appear or the hit mark will appear but no damage has occurred. The wingman is unbearable to usage; I would be tracking correctly on the enemy and hit every single shot on the body but nothing registers as if the hit box isn't there. Visually,  I am landing my shots successfully, but the server refuse to register my bullets. I have 70 ms stable ping with 0% choke 0% packet loss and it is the only game I have registration issues with including using wingman.  

Message 10 of 24 (2,967 Views)