I will pay $200 if you resolve the issue with booting APEX

by IU_Suxs

Original Post

I will pay $200 if you resolve the issue with booting APEX

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, so I have spent so much time reading and watching everything to fix my issue that I am now willing to pay someone that fixes the issue $200 (via zelle, steam, btc, or something else easy).

Problem:

In July 2022 I was running Windows 7 and saw that Apex was not booting. I bought Windows 10 and the game worked for 2-4 days. After upgrading to Windows 10 and updating my drivers I recall there was a window defender update and a small game patch. I can't recall the date, but after the 3rd or 4th week in July Apex just stopped booting.

The APEX window loads via Origin or Steam tries to boot up and then nothing occurs after that. no crash or error report, just allows me to click play again and again. Sometimes when I boot via Steam I get a windows message about allow anticheat which of course I have allowed. I have done so much uninstalling and re-installing and tweaking defender and admin settings and so much more, but the game has not booted since the 3rd or 4th week in July (I think).

Any suggestions on how to resolve please keep it simple in explaining or cite a video for me to follow. The one thing I have not done which I do not want to do is wiping my entire computer and starting over.

Just like the title says I will pay whoever is the first person that comments and resolves the issue and allows me to Play Apex, thank you for any help!

Message 1 of 10 (432 Views)

Re: I will pay $200 if you resolve the issue with booting APEX

@IU_Suxs windows 7 is obsolete for some time now. How old is your pc? Does it meet the minimum requirements to run Apex?

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/about/pc-system-requirements

Thank you for your kind offer, but it's not necessary at all, we will help you if we can. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 2 of 10 (378 Views)

@IU_Suxs

What are the specs of your pc? 

How many drives are you running?

How full are the drives?

If hdd, did you defrag recently.

Have you changed the hdd sleep to never?

If you put a DxDiag up here someone with a better u derstanding may see somthing that would help you. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 3 of 10 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@OldTreeCreeper 

I have Windows 10 installed for a few months now . Apex worked for maybe a few days in last July after upgrading to Windows 10 then there was a patch or something (apex related I believe but could be windows as well) . I have literally done everything on https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Community-Crashing-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/7447308

Message 4 of 10 (357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@OldTreeCreeper 

I will do my best at answering all your questions about my PC which is running windows 10 and until the end of July 2022 this game ran with 0 issues. If do do not answer a question correctly or not fully please direct me to a video or instruction to follow to get these spec answers.

What are the specs of your pc?  

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz 3.46 GHz

Installed RAM: 12.0 GB

System type 64-bit operation system

How many drives are you running? 

I am not sure I am answering your question correctly (sorry I am not as technical as most on this forum) but I just have a local disk (c).

How full are the drives?

Local (C) says "1.41 TB free of 1.81 TB"

If hdd, did you defrag recently.

No i have not defrag recently or honestly ever since I built this tower in 2012. However, I recently (July 2022) upgraded to Windows 10. 

Have you changed the hdd sleep to never?

I honestly do not know how to do this, could this be changed automatically or something (maybe by upgrading to windows 10)? How can I check if the hdd is sleep?

If you put a DxDiag up here someone with a better u derstanding may see somthing that would help you. 

How do I do this? I believe I figured it out and attached the file.

Message 5 of 10 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]

@IU_Suxs I'll see if I can get someone to look at the DX.

In the meantine:

A clean up of the drive :

Nvidia cashe dumps can be enormous, esp the DX cashe. I just delete all but the most recent files every now and then. 

Users/name/appdata/local/nvidia

Ccleaner for cleaning up the drive and the registry (free) 

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Windows disk cleanup, to get rid of old Windows update files.

Also system/storage shows more categories, can show you where things are clogging the drive. Esp apps and features. A real culprit here for me was the clip champ app.

Followed by a complete defragment of the drive (this could take time) : this streamlines the programs

To defragment (only for HHD not for sd drives) defraggler, 

I defrag game update files only monthly then complete defrag of drive every 4 months or so. (free) 

https://www.ccleaner.com/defraggler

use Speccy to keep an eye on pc temp, windows 10 dosnt give that specific info. It's free. It may be the pc is getting too hot. 

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

To stop the HD from going to sleep, somthing like this:

click on power icon in tray

Then More Power options. 

In the Control Panel window

select Change Plan settings for your current Power Plan

Then select Change advanced power settings.

In Power Options click the + sign Next to hd.

Under Turn off hard disk after heading, change the value to 0 or never. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 6 of 10 (323 Views)

[ Edited ]

@IU_Suxs

There are some issues, but you might have to do further research yourself. 

Most of the errors are related to svchost.exe, which is involved in loading .dll files, so those could definitely be related, but there's no way to tell for sure from the dxdiag.

There is one crash of the EasyAntiCheat too, but I don't know anything about how that works other than that if it doesn't start correctly, neither does the game that requires it.

You could  first make sure that you tried a clean boot and in the same test disabled anything that might be running in the Task Manager. RGB software, MSI Afterburner, anything from Razer, whatever you can find.

You could   also try running both Steam and Origin as an admin before launching the game.

A useful way to narrow things down,  is create a new admin Windows account and NOT sign into Microsoft (local account, no link to an MS account, no OneDrive) and try to play in that account. And do that in a clean boot if it doesn't work in a normal boot.

There might be somthing there that helps you but

Tbh, running the up to date Apex really needs a more recent and powerful machine. It might be time to bite the bullet and if possible get a new pc or laptop. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 7 of 10 (313 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @OldTreeCreeper  thank you for replying back twice with some suggestions! I will give it a try later tonight (10/1/22) and report back. Please let me know if you find anyone to look at the DX. This is beyond my level of experience with computers. But seriously thank you for giving me suggestions. 

Message 8 of 10 (239 Views)

@IU_Suxs my second post was advice I was given. Hope somthing works out for you. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 9 of 10 (227 Views)

★ Pro
@IU_Suxs have you checked your firewall settings to allow Apex to run?
Message 10 of 10 (209 Views)