I've done everythingg

by Bertsquanch420

Original Post

I've done everythingg

★★★ Newbie

My ping is usually 24 to 50 but now my ping shoots up to 1800 I'll be okay for like 5 seconds then I teleport or die I've lowered my rez I got 4k UHD changed all my setting to lowered the latency I got down to about 213ms Oregon2 but to be honest I wouldn't doubt if it was due to the amount of new players I season 8 every 3ed round I've played there's been nubies

Message 1 of 2 (205 Views)

Re: I've done everythingg

[ Edited ]

@Bertsquanch420 I have never experienced ping in the 1800's. The worst I have had was 250-280 and I was playing on servers half way around the world.

I play on the Oregon2 server frequently and never have the issues you're having. You might want to talk to your ISP directly and run through trouble shooting with them. Your ISP can run through it all step by step and help you figure it out. They should also be able to run testing directly on your connection, which might make it easier for them to identify the issue.

Are you using a VPN or trying to game through a VPN?

Do you share your internet with other people in the house? Is it at all possible that you have to many people using the internet at once? If that's the issue you might need to boost the speed for your home. The inconsistency is really odd.

I'm going to ask some of the more tech savvy forum members if they can offer more advice. We all agree it's likely with your ISP or someone in your household using up your bandwidth. It would explain the inconsistency in the speeds you get, if someone in your house does something that consumes a ton of bandwidth you'll get random spikes like that. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)