Re: I registered for GAC but i have ot been entered

by ivDamage

Original Post

I registered for GAC but i have ot been entered

★★★ Novice

I enetered GAC but have not been entered. I have spoken with EA support and they have asked me to start a thread here for it to be resolved.

Message 1 of 12 (911 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. I’ve also had this problem. I’m on every day and know that I clicked join. Logged on this morning and it wasn’t there. 

please help. 

thanks. 

ally code. 696 427 428

Message 2 of 12 (855 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same. I registered yesterday shortly before GAC was set to start (I wonder if it's only people who registered right before the event was set to close) and it was missing ("No event currently running") yesterday.

A few people in my guild had this happen, and a handful of others I've spoken with as well. Others in my guild still have their GAC access, but at least a dozen I've spoken with have run into this problem.

I haven't seen an official statement from CG about this, but I'm assuming it hasn't hit everyone and is also a result of whatever messed up TW this time around.
Message 3 of 12 (840 Views)

The GA started before the patch went live, so any issues with signup aren't related to the patch that closed the territory war.

At the beginning of every GA, there are a handful of similar reports of people who are convinced they signed up, yet the CG game server logged no record of a signup.

Whether this issue came from a momentary lapse where a player opened the GAC menu yet neglected to also push the "Join" button, or from pushing the Join button and having the game not record the join is impossible to tell.

My recommendation is to click join, then enter the map. Then return to the home screen and return to the GAC menu. This will force the game to check the registration logs and see if you have registered, at which point the green button will either say "Join" (You're still not registered) Or "Enter" (you're registered)

★★ Novice

Hi GladOs. 

thanks for your response. 

I’ve been playing this game for a few years now and know how to log in to Grand Arena. 

if I had thought that I might of missed it I wouldn’t of posted. 

I log in for the next GAC straight after the last one finished and the review phase had finished. 

appreciate your response but I if I’m not the only one then I would think that it’s an issue. Hence the post. 

Message 5 of 12 (811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for your insite but I 100% did enter GAC. I understand some people forget but this is not the case here. 

I had pressed the button and when I went back in the enter button was gone so I know this was not a lapse in judgment. 

The game has glitches all over from characters to events and the players pay the price. As much as I appreciate your response I do not accept it as a credible solution to the problem. 

Message 6 of 12 (793 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still no offical response... just shows CG does no care about the community. 

Followed all the steps asked a did not even get a response. 

Worst team ever. Ever private messaged a member of the CG team. Joke. 

Message 7 of 12 (711 Views)

@ivDamage
1. QA Support rarely looks at this board. They monitor the Bug Reports board, because their main responsibility is to find bugs in the game.
2. Just because 1-2 individuals didn’t get a response in a tangential forum does not mean the entire company “doesn’t care about the community.”
3. Depending on who you messaged, they might either no longer work for CG, or they might get so many messages they can’t respond to them all.
4. From your previous post, the Enter button never disappears. After you join a GA, the Join button turns into an Enter button. If you click join and then the button disappears, that is the time to reach out to support to ask for help - not after matchmaking happens and nothing can be done.

QA has investigated every report like this in the Bug Reports forum, and 100% of the cases have no server record of a Join. If QA starts handing out free zetas and other GA rewards to players based entirely on their word that they signed up, it’ll immediately get abused by players who don’t want to play GA but want the rewards.

We are in the middle of a signup period right now. I recommend you take a picture of the GA screen showing that you have Joined, in case something happens this time. It would be really nice to have evidence to support an actual problem, because to this date there is no actual evidence of a bug. Frown

★★★ Novice

I went through to the live chat system as soon as I realised. I clicked join it then came up with the enter where I had to wait to deploy teams. 

When the GA started it showed as if I had not joined. EA support on live chat sent me here to get a response from CG so if this is not the correct place then EA need to sort their live chat staff out. 

As to evidence of a bug... if the only action is a log the shows who joined BUT the bug does not show this then how do you prove it. How do I screen shot a bug before It happens if i did not know about it? 

So when i say the staff dont care... it is in relation to my current treatment recived from staff. (Should I upload the live chat conversation as proof?) 

Message 9 of 12 (678 Views)

@ivDamage wrote:

Still no offical response... just shows CG does no care about the community. 

@ivDamage wrote:

So when i say the staff dont care... it is in relation to my current treatment recived from staff. (Should I upload the live chat conversation as proof?) 

So just a couple of friendly points:  

1)  Conflating your opinion of how your personal situation was handled to being representative of how "[the entire company of] CG" doesn't care about "[the entire] community" is a bit presumptuous. 

2)  Did the live chat support tell you to post on the "Technical Issues" section under the SWGOH section of AnswerHQ or did they tell you to go to "the forums."  Because usually the customer support is fairly generic in their responses, and the lack of response from official EA employees is mostly related to you posting in an underused section of this forum.  

3) Also, this is still an EA board, not a CG board.  The web address starts with: "Answers.EA.com"  The odds of getting a CG representative here are even lower.  

4)  If you were treated rudely by a customer service representative, then ask for a different rep, or a manager.  I don't really see how "live chat" proof of one customer support personnel would lead to a conclusion that the entirety of CG doesn't care about the entire community.  However, if uploading it would make you feel better, go ahead.  

I know it's not the answer you want, but I'm trying to temper your expectations because what I've described is mostly likely what will happen.  I know you 100% believe that you joined, but there are multiple reports on the front page of the Bug Section RIGHT NOW where players reported that they didn't get a chance to do a Tier of the Mythic Event over the weekend.  QA Support checked, listed off the rewards that were granted, and the players responded along the lines of "oh yeah, I remember now, sorry."  

Those players were so convinced they hadn't done the Mythic tiers that they were motivated enough to fill out a bug report, and yet their own brains had just tricked them into thinking they didn't do it.  

Hopefully you got into the new GA round that just launched today!