I play on Singapore servers and the latency problem is killing me

by laeioun

Original Post

I play on Singapore servers and the latency problem is killing me

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

72.5.161.228 is one of the servers I connect to when I queue Singapore. This IP address returns 200ms ping. I have tried blocking it via firewall rules (in Windows Firewall and on my router) but that doesn't seem to work. I've tried contacting support about it multiple times but I haven't received a single reply in the last 2 weeks. What can I do?

Message 1 of 4 (258 Views)

Re: I play on Singapore servers and the latency problem is killing me

EA DICE Team
If a service like smart routing is working or VPN, that means the routing that your ISP is doing for you is having issues and something you need to take up with them. We don't do or assignee your network routing. That's something an ISP does. @laeioun

/Atic
Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Okay, so I found some online forums talking about having the same latency problem with this exact same IP address. Apparently the same server IP also hosts Dota 2 matches and every single ISP is having the same trouble providing a connection to it. Tell me, what can I say to my ISP to fix this issue? And these are posts from last year... so, should I just call my ISP and ask them to use better routing to this server IP? Because this seems to be an issue with one of the lines that started a while ago and yet most ISPs haven't fixed their routing to compensate for it.

Message 3 of 4 (180 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Looks like they're just brushing us off, who knows when it'll be fixed.

Message 4 of 4 (168 Views)