Re: I no longer have access to the EA account that my NHL 20 is signed into

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Ea sports is becoming illegitimate .. your process is extremely flawed.. probably in some third work country 

Message 41 of 46 (1,722 Views)

Can’t log in to my ea account to reset a 20 year old password..

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been unable to log in and play my brother online at nhl 2021 for the last three weeks 

been playing ea sports games for the last 20 years with no issues .. all of the sudden now it’s an issue.  When I contacted ea sports they gathered information from me.. private information then came back and said they were still unable to verify my account.. and to call back when i gather the correct information.. what??? I’m insulted.. thrush is the worst response to an issue like this I could ever imagine.. first of all how would I remember the CC on file 20 years ago?  I gave you the last four on my current updated account which u til recently had no problems.. even when I purchased and played several Ea sports games.... after reading these accounts on here and the response for. The supposed community manager.. it dawned on me that these are amateurs in running customer service or they are not only collecting your new emails and last four of your new credit card then telling you it’s hopeless .. is borderline antitrust and fraud.. I encourage everyone to copy and paste this link and email PlayStation network for a more professional response as well as the better business bureau.. these new employees are the same as you tube google and others who will prey on your personal information and pass it on to their peers .. also make you have to get a new pan if and erase all of your connection to your precious games then make you ultimately either buy them again or purchase a new console.. plus the customer service agent said it was impossible to talk with a supervisor .. wth??? Very shady very very shady 

hopefully if everyone experiencing this interaction with electronic arts sports CS or whoever they really are  should report it to the better business burea..

Message 42 of 46 (1,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to do it through a chat member .. 

you can update the email but have the PlayStation on to get the info they need to verify.. name bob and at least two ea sports games purchase date and last four of the cc used to purchase it.. under transaction history .. the date of purchase is displayed on all the PlayStation purchases .. use fetch my IP address to give them the user’s opinion address.. they should be able to verify it from all that..also use a new email like gmail to have them email the password reset.. once you do it successfully then restart the play station .. 

good luck 

Message 43 of 46 (1,713 Views)

Community Manager

@vertigo9666 

I'm really sorry for all the frustration with this. We definitely want you to be able to play, but you also have to verify you own the account. That's why you're asked some specific questions since the account owner should be able to answer them. I understand it's difficult to recall details from years past. You may need to do some deeper research into your past to find that information. Unfortunately, we can't help with account issues on Answers HQ. You'll have to continue working with an advisor.

Aljo.png
Message 44 of 46 (1,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo If it is the same gamer tag it should not be as difficult as this is I’ve been working on getting nhl online going for 3 days now and nobody is helping every other ea game I have works for some reason yet nhl no go… very frustrating!!!!
Message 45 of 46 (809 Views)

Community Manager

@Domino3239 

I see an advisor is trying to help you with this. They are currently waiting for a response to their last email.

Aljo.png
Message 46 of 46 (788 Views)