I need help with the Launcher/Game

by cblinq

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I need help with the Launcher/Game

★ Novice
I recently saw a video on YouTube about SWTOR and how great it is and I wanted to play it, but here's comes the problem. Here's a video showing it : https://youtu.be/QH0hxS0n-H0?t=1m16s (it automatically starts at 1:16)
Basically what happens, the SWTOR Launcher opens up Origin and nothing happens, the Launcher says that it's trying to initialize a download of the game, but it can't because SWTOR isn't showing up in my Origin library.
Note: I used the same email on SWTOR that I'm using on my EA/Origin account
Message 1 of 5 (663 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I need help with the Launcher/Game

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Odds are your Origin firewalls or your swtor firewall settings are not quite right ... have a look through this.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-quot-How-to-install-Swtor-Correctly-and-ad...

*Upon re-watching your video; it certainly is your firewall settings (*info contained in the guide).

Others may recommend that you turn off Bitraider; but again that would require a full download/install and it would not address the firewall issues; so your better off doing it correctly to ensure that you do not have these issues in the future (or if you do, you know how to fix in a minute or so vs a full install).

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (656 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Odds are your Origin firewalls or your swtor firewall settings are not quite right ... have a look through this.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-quot-How-to-install-Swtor-Correctly-and-ad...

*Upon re-watching your video; it certainly is your firewall settings (*info contained in the guide).

Others may recommend that you turn off Bitraider; but again that would require a full download/install and it would not address the firewall issues; so your better off doing it correctly to ensure that you do not have these issues in the future (or if you do, you know how to fix in a minute or so vs a full install).

Message 2 of 5 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the response. I'll try it out now

Message 3 of 5 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've found something that is extremely odd, if I install SWTOR on my SSD (which is where my windows is) the download starts without a problem, but on the other hand, if I install on my HDD (which is where I store my games) it will never initialize the download. I also tried your guide up until this part "Now that you have Rebooted, lets run the Launcher on your Desktop you will get a small confirmation box notifying you that it is running as admin and that it's permissions are elevated, simply click ok." because it didn't work, the notification didn't pop up and it still wasn't working after that..

Whatever is above doesn't apply I think

Edit: I got it to work finally. I was installing the game in here D:\Origin\Origin Games and it didn't work, but it finally worked after installing it just in D.

Message 4 of 5 (629 Views)

Champion (Retired)

glad it all worked out in the end; sorry although I have Origin, I have not needed to install swtor via Origin.

Message 5 of 5 (612 Views)