Re: I’m so done with this game

by EA_Jason

Original Post

I’m so done with this game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Greetings

i am sending you this message to let you know that I’m totally fed up with this game, here’s the problem; I have 2 major issues.

1.  I have an error with hosting a party; every time I click on to host a party I see that everything is locked, I will enclose screen shots. 

2.  I have been sick lately (cold etc.), so I haven’t touched the game in a while, so around the time of the last quest (Dance one) I decided to check my game and it’s progress; but when it loaded up; I almost passed out, there was an hourglass showing that some land was being cleared. I was livid, I have been saving up every bit of simoleons I have to do a big overhaul of my house and maybe to get rid of some of my storage stuff and start using them.

so for both of these problems I contacted EA support and let me tell you that was a waste of my time and effort. They were no help AT ALL!!! All they did was script read. I know I used to work in a call center and in retail for over 30 years. Before I contacted them I did the usuall things like restart the game (delete and reboot the game), turned the phone off completely waited a while then turned it back on. My daughter is a computer expert and she tried a few of her tricks but nothing worked. My thing is that I don’t make a lot of money (retired) so I buy iTunes cards when I can, especially when there are big events like Halloween, etc. This game is the only one that I feel comfortable playing and am getting pretty good at it, my daughter says I’m obsessed. But it calms me down from stress and anxiety after I list my husband suddenly of 36 years. We were both gamers (on our phones). I tried to explain to support that I did what they told me before I reached out. I lost $7,575.00 simoleons that I didn’t want to use until I had enough to clear all my land and still have enough to do other things.  But they were rude and when I asked for information to contact Corporate I got * down. But I found the info I needed I told them that and all they offered was &100.00 simoleons, I won’t even go into how much I spent on iTunes cards. 

I really like this game and the people I met on FB Community. But I have had it and I won’t be treated like I’m 4 years old by your support which isn’t even in the US. 

I really don’t know how you’re going to rectify this problem because it goes much deeper that the game glitches. I’m not predjudiced I taught children from other countries for over 12 years and met and helped their families. But your support made me feel like it was my fault that the game was not working correctly.

Please fix my problems for me. But I’m still going to contact your Corporate Office anyway.

TY

Margaret Collins

PS.       LOST -  $7,575.00 simoleons 

Message 1 of 7 (1,669 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @lupt45i6h0t6.

Thank you very much for reaching out. We hope that everyone experiences fun and can relax when they play our games, and I'm sorry to hear that wasn't the experience you had coming back to the Sims Mobile. 

We're going to take a look into the situations you described Monday and will get back to you soon. It may take some time, so we appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Arrenai Cat

Message 2 of 7 (1,510 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @lupt45i6h0t6,

I just had a look at your requests and I thought I'd share some information with you.

In order to throw a party, you'd have to meet the following requirements:

• The Sim is on the home lot and not in an event (or in a state where they need to collect an event reward)
  • You've retired a Sim. You must have retired at least 1 Sim previously (doesn't matter when) to throw a party.
  • Sim has aged up after Monday. The requirement is the Sim has to have earned a trait on Tuesday or later. 

As for the land being cleared, to my knowledge there is no bug in The Sims Mobile that causes this to happen without players doing this themselves. Perhaps you've accidentally clicked on it before you stopped playing. It's not possible for us to revert this.

I do hope that you've managed to shake of that cold and let me know if you have any further questions Standard smile

Jason.png
Message 3 of 7 (1,413 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Jason wrote:

Hi @lupt45i6h0t6,

I just had a look at your requests and I thought I'd share some information with you.

• The Sim is on the home lot and not in an event (or in a state where they need to collect an event reward)
  • You've retired a Sim. You must have retired at least 1 Sim previously (doesn't matter when) to throw a party.
  • Sim has aged up after Monday. The requirement is the Sim has to have earned a trait on Tuesday or later. 

As for the land being cleared, to my knowledge there is no bug in The Sims Mobile that causes this to happen without players doing this themselves. Perhaps you've accidentally clicked on it before you stopped playing. It's not possible for us to revert this.

I do hope that you've managed to shake of that cold and let me know if you have any further questions Standard smile

I think it would be helpful for players to have you all respond before they threaten to quit.

Also, you don’t have to have retired a sim to host your first party. There’s a handful of posts here from people who have been devastated by following this tip. They retired a Sim they never intended to retire, because the trade off to be able to host seemed worth it, and still couldn’t host. I can host, but my first party was hosted as a new player, with two sims. Yeah, the birthday party requires a new trait, but the retirement bit is only going to work for people whose accounts aren’t buggy in the party hosting area.  

Sorry, but I provide helpful feedback here often. Seeing not one, but two of you respond on one post, yet having a straight up “file an in game bug” reply on 100 others, and then inaccurate answers is disappointing. People want real help, they file a bug, get sent here, and get told to file a bug.  

Thank god for The Sims Mobile Community on Discord. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,378 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@GrettaInTheSun YES!!! And 100% re: the party throwing.  One of the first quests as a new player is to throw a birthday party and I can’t see what the issue is there 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

And how is it that one person threatening to quit over a relatively small amount of simoleans garners a response from not one but TWO mods that apparently are higher up the tree than any others I’ve seen, yet there are how many open threads now regarding the billion glitches surrounding this event and the lost stickers that people have spent HOURS upon HOURS of their time and ACTUAL cash to try and complete, with no results. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,363 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Big or small loss, @Finealta deserves an accurate response. @lupt45i6h0t6 found an escape in this game, as so many do.

Most daily players can spot a bad answer a soon as they see it. If you haven’t seen the sticker issue, it’s because you’re not playing - no offense to the helper who admitted they hadn’t checked their game - so replying before looking is just an insult. I worked in tech, I don’t cry over bugs and I don’t mind Llama Zoom (bring on the hate mail 😂), I understand that bugs aren’t fixed with the snap of fingers. That “fix all the glitches” is a ridiculous statement for a game this complex, and that people are fed up more by the lack of empathy and respect they receive in response. I answer questions here, because I learned a lot here, before it turned into a morgue. Because the negative answers some people receive do not benefit the community - queue every LZ complaint here - but this inaccurate answer stuff from the EA people, to someone who is already on the way out? I just can’t.  

If you’re not already part of The Sims Mobile Community on Facebook or Discord Server, and you’d like real help as fast as you can ask for it, check it out. 😘

Message 6 of 7 (1,299 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Jason wrote:

Hi @lupt45i6h0t6,

@EA_Jason 

This should help when suggesting people retire a sim to host a party. 

A3ECE2A6-2F35-418B-AD6B-19687A1E24CF.jpeg

Take care. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,247 Views)