AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BabsUvula1
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Hero were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Did you have cross-play enabled? Yes
Were you in a party with friends when this occurred? No
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Joined a "Social" game (default PvP). Once I've loaded onto the map, I can see my ping is over 300ms for some games, 200ms for some games and 20ms for others. All of these are steady, no spikes. Game is not placing me onto the Australian server for some reason roughly 70% of the games.
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Loading from champ select to map. Can see once loaded in what my ping is.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Every game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Australian Standard Time from 15.07.20 12:00 - 22:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? 300ms ping is impossible to play on, being placed on European servers. 190-200ms ping when I get placed on US servers, also a terrible experience.
What should be happening instead? Should be getting 20ms on Australian servers.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play around 10 matches in the default PvP mode. Server placement is completely random. Should be consistently local server, which in my case would be Australia.

Confirm whether server placement for PvP matchmaking is random. Should be defaulting to local server (Australia), not Europe or USA.

Message 11 of 19 (877 Views)

Re: I'm from Asia and I get matches in NA with 200+ ping

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, from Australia. I've submitted a ticket for this. Seems as though the server is completely random each game. Will get a couple of good games with sub 20ms ping, then go several matches on 300ms or 200ms depending on whether it's Europe or US servers. Playing on PC-Steam.

Message 12 of 19 (914 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm in Australia and playing today on Xbox One I've been noticing a bit of lag which has me wondering if there are Oceanic servers or if I'm playing on Asian or US servers.

Message 13 of 19 (892 Views)

★★ Novice
@Comixfan there are oce servers i have definitely played on them but its once in like every 30 games.
Message 14 of 19 (859 Views)

★★ Novice

Also I have found out that it is not just oce/ asia players that are getting this issue. some NA and EU players are complaining about getting into different regions as well. This problem is also a major issue in South America as well from what I have heard so far.

Message 15 of 19 (856 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

We have sent this on for investigation. 

More exempels are always welcome! 

/Atic 

Message 16 of 19 (837 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic hey mate, if you hear a time frame they might fix this in please share as the game is fairly unplayable for me. Thx again mate.

Message 17 of 19 (811 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey Rocket Arena Community 

Two things we're working on right now:
1: Dramatically improve ping times by adjusting MM rules.
2: Widen rank rules more over time to enable ranked players to continue to get matches.

We'll keep you posted as these changes roll out.

We also updated Matchmaking times, you should se improvements!

/Atic 

Message 18 of 19 (14,052 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I'm in India and I could not get to play a single match. Please provide server selection, or add new servers, or fix the auto matchmaking.
Message 19 of 19 (627 Views)