Re: I lost my progress in BF4 after linking Xbox profile to another EA account

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I lost my progress in BF4 after linking Xbox profile to another EA account

★★ Novice

Hello. I have EA account (account A) and I was playing Battlefield BC2, 3, 4 on this account. This is my main PC account.

Few years ago I started playing Battlefield 4 on Xbox One, but I created new EA account (account B) for this. I have ~500h in game time and 124lvl.

Today I decided to unlink my Xbox profile from account B and link it to my main account, account A, because I wanted to have everything in one place. But after this, on my Xbox I have a new, empty soldier. I lost my all progress. Why? I thought this process will just move my Xbox soldier to new EA account. I screwed this up? :/ I want my old soldier back Frown

Message 1 of 8 (4,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@holger1405

@lts_a_psycho
After over a month of writing with support via e-mail, nothing has been done, because waiting for a reply is 3 days of waiting and I had to give them the verification code several times, to confirm that I am aware of what disconnects my EA account from my Xbox account means. This is partly my fault because I did not write with support from the account that was currently associated with the Xbox account.
Anyway, from the e-mail conversation it appeared that:
1. They can't link my old EA account to my Xbox account, but they can help me disconnect those accounts.
2. After reconnect the first EA account that had progress with my Xbox account, the progress will be back.

Yesterday I decided to speed up the procedure as I didn't have an email reply for several days. I asked a live chat consultant to disconnect my accounts. He did it, but said that if I will link my old account back, the progress wouldn't come back. Nevertheless, I tried and it turned out that the progress was preserved. Everything ended well.

After that, I told EA advisor that the progress was not removed and he said the progress is usually lost.

Fortunately for me, it was not like that.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (4,487 Views)

All Replies

@fadequ 

Afaik your progress is bound to your EA Account, so yes, I am afraid moving your account purged your progress.

You could contact EA directly.
(If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner. If you have trouble with the contact attempt look at this guide.)

Maybe support knows a way to revers this, but I doubt it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 8 (4,646 Views)

★★ Novice

What if I will connect account B with new Xbox Live account? Maybe it could work, but i'm afraid about doing this.

This is account A battlelog page: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/fadequ

This is account B battlelog page: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/fadequt

Unfortunately on account B no soldier is visible..

Message 3 of 8 (4,631 Views)

@fadequ 

I can't answer that with certainty.

You really should ask support.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 8 (4,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you ever get it figured out because my account is stuck connected to pc I want to switch it but am afraid of doin so for reasons similar.

Message 5 of 8 (4,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@holger1405

@lts_a_psycho
After over a month of writing with support via e-mail, nothing has been done, because waiting for a reply is 3 days of waiting and I had to give them the verification code several times, to confirm that I am aware of what disconnects my EA account from my Xbox account means. This is partly my fault because I did not write with support from the account that was currently associated with the Xbox account.
Anyway, from the e-mail conversation it appeared that:
1. They can't link my old EA account to my Xbox account, but they can help me disconnect those accounts.
2. After reconnect the first EA account that had progress with my Xbox account, the progress will be back.

Yesterday I decided to speed up the procedure as I didn't have an email reply for several days. I asked a live chat consultant to disconnect my accounts. He did it, but said that if I will link my old account back, the progress wouldn't come back. Nevertheless, I tried and it turned out that the progress was preserved. Everything ended well.

After that, I told EA advisor that the progress was not removed and he said the progress is usually lost.

Fortunately for me, it was not like that.

Message 6 of 8 (4,488 Views)

@fadequ 

That is really good to here, especially that your progress was not lost. 

Have fun gaming!! Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (4,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did not mean to necro this thread, but wanted to let everyone facing this issue know that if you had your account erased by linking it to another profile.

Ask the live chat customer support to unlink the new account from your xbox account, and then manually link your xbox account to the old EA account (we did it through the xbox PC app to EA desktop app), and the progress will return! 

it seems that EA is incorrect about this part in their progress.

Good luck everyone!

Message 8 of 8 (4,317 Views)