Re: I have to return to main menu in Apex to be able to go to a new game

by HunterLoveX

Original Post

I have to return to main menu in Apex to be able to go to a new game

★ Novice

When I’m at home I have to return to main menu every time to play another game of apex legends, but this happens only at my home. I have been at my friends and there I can go straight to a new game. Does this have something to do with my network? I have NAT type 2 at home and at my friends it’s type 3 and the connection is much weaker at my friends house.

Message 1 of 13 (1,159 Views)

Community Manager

Is this issue only occurring when playing with friends @HunterLoveX?

If so can you and your friends ensure that your NAT type is open. I would also suggest ensuring that you are all on the same internet protocol. For example, if you are on IPv4 and they are on IPv6 then you can have issues.

If it's still not fixed can you try:

• Turn OFF UPNP.Turn off PC UPnP Service:Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter
  • In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
  • Save your changes

Still not working after this? Can you go ahead and on your console manually set your DNS so that it uses the Google DNS settings. You need to set them to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,118 Views)

★ Novice

It occurs while I’m playing alone. I haven’t even tried to play with friends.

@EA_Darko wrote:

If so can you and your friends ensure that your NAT type is open. I would also suggest ensuring that you are all on the same internet protocol. For example, if you are on IPv4 and they are on IPv6 then you can have issues.

• Turn OFF UPNP.Turn off PC UPnP Service:Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter
  • In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
  • Save your changes

Still not working after this? Can you go ahead and on your console manually set your DNS so that it uses the Google DNS settings. You need to set them to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Darko

Message 3 of 13 (1,112 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try the steps I posted and see if they make a difference @HunterLoveX

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,106 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

@EA_Darko wrote:

Can you try the steps I posted and see if they make a difference @HunterLoveX

Darko

It’s not my modem and I’m not good with electronics so I’m afraid I can’t try anything about the modems/routers settings or whatever 

Message 5 of 13 (1,101 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HunterLoveX if it was an issue with the game then everyone would be having the issue. A number of people who had the same issue were able to fix it by making changes to their router or network. If you do not feel confident enough to do it yourself then your ISP will be able to talk you through the steps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 13 (1,093 Views)

★ Novice

@HunterLoveX wrote:

It occurs while I’m playing alone. I haven’t even tried to play with friends.

@EA_Darko wrote:

• Save your changes

Darko

You said here to change my DNS and they all show 0.0.0.0 on my console. Do I change only the primary and secondary DNS because there are also the IP address subnet mad and default gateway

Message 7 of 13 (1,087 Views)

★★ Novice

This same issue happens to my girlfriend and I. Since season two we have to leave the lobby every game to be able to ready up again. We play lots of multiplayer games together and this is never a issue. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,072 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MastadonManiac were you able to try the steps I shared above?

Are you both playing on the same network?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 13 (1,040 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes didnt work and we are but play multiple other multiplayer games on a NAT 2 connection so I think this is something on Respawns end as others are having the same issue 

Message 10 of 13 (1,034 Views)