Re: I have a problem with the connection to EA Server.

by ralph44smith

Original Post

I have a problem with the connection to EA Server.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Please help I'm so upset. The past 3 weeks i haven't been able to connect with the EA servers through my home wifi to play Madden 18. I spent almost 2 hours with my ISP to fix the problem still nothing. I have to turn my hot spot on my phone so my PS4 will connect to the EA servers. It only happens on this system i have no problem connecting to the EA servers on my PS3. I just bought Fifa 18 and cant wait play it
Message 1 of 7 (1,362 Views)

Community Manager

@ralph44smith

Try moving your console and Wi-Fi source closer together, ideally close enough that you could connect them with a network cable. You should not be piggybacking on your mobile devices hot spot capability. If your problem persists, let us know any more detail you have such as any error you may see.

Standard connectivity troubleshooting:

http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic

http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/madden/madden-18/open-online-ports-to-improve-your-madden-18-connecti...

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,321 Views)

★★ Novice
Sorry should of been more detailed i did have an error code. It said for me to restart my router and ps4 unplug and wait for 2 minutes. Still nothing the bad thing about it was I was able to log on to the EA servers before.
Message 3 of 7 (1,316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey I have the same issue all my EA games are not connecting to EA servers my advice is that don't waste yr time and go for refund, I have tried everything mentioned in that reply from EA guy but nothing worked their servers are broken and Unfixable, I even tried to contact EA many time's but no reply so get rid of their products and avoid buying anything from EA in future, thanks.

Message 4 of 7 (1,274 Views)

★★ Novice
Yea i know but what botgers me the most is that if i use my phone's hot spot it will connect. I just wanna know why is this happening. My wife got tired of seeing me email and call these people she went out and bought me another ps4. But im not giving up on the one i have now cayae i wanna take that other one back
Message 5 of 7 (1,267 Views)

Community Manager
Message 6 of 7 (1,246 Views)

★★ Novice
No I wow cable i waa on the phone last night with them and Sony and we opened up ports master reset the modem/router. Still some times will connect to intetnet but wont sign in to PSN. But once again i can use my hot spot and it works fine.
Message 7 of 7 (1,241 Views)