I have a NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB GPU running low settings and my GPU is near max.

by NoahHockey4

Original Post

Highlighted

I have a NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB GPU running low settings and my GPU is near max.

★★★ Newbie

I currently have the graphics card you saw above and I play Apex Legends when I get chances with the low settings you saw and with none texture setting, and yet my GPU gets very hot and near 99 percent capacity and whirrs loudly like crazy when I try to run even the lowest possible settings on the game. Is this just how it will be with this game or is it a problem with my hardware and my computer? I have played Fortnite at 100 FPS with 1920 by 1080 resolution and it ran just fine, so I don't know why apex would be any different. Some please help as I don't want to hurt my graphics card or over strain it.

Message 1 of 4 (1,005 Views)

Re: I have a NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB GPU running low settings and my GPU is near max

Community Manager

Hi @NoahHockey4

When you have a chance can you post a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more information on how to pull one up over at the EA Help website

Once you have the file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (943 Views)

Re: I have a NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB GPU running low settings and my GPU is near max

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I think that I have the dxdiag report here, it is attached.

Message 3 of 4 (920 Views)

Community Manager

@NoahHockey4 

Got it, thanks. From the DxDiag you posted it looks like your NVIDIA drivers are a bit out of date. When you have a chance can you try updating them to see if that makes a difference at all? 

For more details on how to update them check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you notice any improvements afterward.

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (891 Views)