Re: I got a mail in 2016 An important notice regarding your SW:TOR account

by Sugram22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I got a mail in 2016 An important notice regarding your SW:TOR account

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I got a mail in 2016 An important notice regarding your SW:TOR account

As part of our efforts to help protect the security of your account, log in access to your Star Wars: The Old Republic game and website account has been temporarily disabled. We have taken this step as we have detected suspicious activity on your account during on-going standard systems analysis. While you will still be able to view swtor.com, including the community forums, you will not be able to log in to view your account information or post on the forums. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will understand that we are taking this action to better protect your personal data.

In order to ensure that your account is secure, we would request that, before you contact us, you complete a full scan of your computer system using an up-to-date Anti-Virus program. You can find suggestions for the commonly used programs on our Help Center here:
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1906

Once you have completed this system scan, to regain access to your account please contact our Customer Service team on:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186
UK: (0203) 0141 826
Germany: (0221) 8282 9212 (Phone support available from 09.00 CET - 21.00 CET)
France: (048) 168 1051 (Phone support available from 09.00 CET - 21.00 CET)
Please note: Calls made from landlines are local-rate, while those made from mobile devices may be subject to additional charges from your provider.

For further information on contacting our Customer Service Team or if you’re calling from a country that is not listed above, please see this FAQ: www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200.

Customer support will be provided in English, French, and German only.

On the telephone, we will walk you through the account validation process, to ensure that the access rights are returned to the rightful owner of the account. Once this is complete, we will re-enable your account once again for use with the game and the website.

Once your account is re-enabled, we highly recommend you add a Security Key to it, as this is the best method to stop attackers using information gleaned from other systems outside of BioWare’s control. We can help you get a security key set up during this same call.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience our actions may have caused, however, the safety and security of our player’s accounts and personal information is of the utmost importance to us.

Sincerely,

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Terms of Service

not gonna make long distance call (my SW acc has bit different name), no idea what to do here https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic/?platform=pc

i hate bureaucracy i just want access to my acc back (a easier way then this, like just with email) either that or del my SW acc so i can remake my acc with my username

Message 1 of 4 (728 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

lucky me i found a old mail address that i was able to attach to my second mail acc that had the option to access this mailbox trough another if u know what i mean

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (563 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do i really need to make new acc with new name?

Message 2 of 4 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i get mail

Greetings,

An attempt has been made to create a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account with your email address. As an existing Star Wars: The Old Republic account is already registered to this email address, this attempt failed. If you made this request and require assistance retrieving your account, please be aware that you can reset your account’s password by using the following link:

https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

If you continue to experience difficulties regaining access to your account, please contact our Customer Service team for further assistance.

If you did not make this request, please rest assured that you can safely ignore this message – the person who submitted the registration form may not realize that we protect your account by only communicating with the registered email address, and that no account details are available to unauthenticated users on our website. We take the safety of our customers’ information extremely seriously; if you do have any concerns over the security of your account, please do not hesitate to contact us using the link above.

Sincerely,

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

ok i am out not gonna deal with second mail i will use same mail address or none so wont be playing it if there is no easy work around

i doubt it later lets me change my mail to the one i wanted to use, my second mail address is not for gaming stuff though it was my acc creation mail but later changed it

ea should also think of what is comfortable for consumers not only secure

but i guess i try it, maybe i can change it

same mail to my second email address when using me second mail to make acc so i am done Old republic team lost a customer GZ (unless u either enable my Star wars login or del my star wars acc so i can create new) cause no way to enable my log in and no way to create new acc

Message 3 of 4 (620 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

lucky me i found a old mail address that i was able to attach to my second mail acc that had the option to access this mailbox trough another if u know what i mean

Message 4 of 4 (564 Views)