I don't get notifications on the forum for responses to me.

by SuperChaos002

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I don't get notifications on the forum for responses to me.

★★★ Novice

Please advise. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,631 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I don't get notifications on the forum for responses to me.

Community Manager
Hi @SuperChaos002,

Sorry for the delay on this. I've checked to see if there was any way for you to be able to subscribe only to replies directly to you but there is not. The only options for subscriptions/notifications are the ones I've outlined above.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,511 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @SuperChaos002, it might be that you need to Subscribe to the thread you want notifications for. For any new threads you create, you can subscribe to your own thread for notifications from the draft page by checking the 'Subscribe to replies' box at the bottom (see spoiler tag for image).

Spoiler
SWGOH sub.jpg

If you don't select that button at that stage, or if you just want to be kept up-to-date on another thread you haven't posted in, you can subscribe if you click on the three dots to the top right of that thread and select 'Subscribe' from the dropdown menu. 

Spoiler
SWGOH sub2.jpg

One the flip side, you can also bookmark a thread for later easy finding through your profile but you won't get an notification or e-mail for new posts in those though. If you look at the image above you'll see a 'Bookmark' option.

Let me know if subscribing to the thread for updates helps you with receiving notifications. 

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 9 (1,601 Views)

★★★ Novice
So there is no option to receive notifications for posts that quoted a post of mine? Just an entire thread with every single response?
Message 3 of 9 (1,596 Views)

I think the forums used to give a notification when you were quoted, because it would count the quote as a "tag." I haven't seen that behavior happen for a while though.

★★★ Novice

Yes,, exactly. So it's not just me then. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,584 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hmmm, I'm receiving notifications for threads I've posted in so it should be working for members. Just to double-check, could you take a look at the opt-ins you've set in your preferences? 

Here are the steps if you need them:

1. Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu in the top right of the pageSWGOH pref1.jpg
  2. There will be a table with more options on the left of the page. Choose "Preferences"
    SWGOH pref2.jpg
  3. You will see the opt ins appear to the right. Check to see if you have the box ticked for  "". If not, select it and hit 'Save'

SWGOH pref3.jpg

Message 6 of 9 (1,578 Views)

★★★ Novice
I think there's a misunderstanding.

I'm only interested in responses that are directed at me and have quoted a post of mine, not for entire threads. I hope I'm being clear here.
Message 7 of 9 (1,571 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @SuperChaos002,

Sorry for the delay on this. I've checked to see if there was any way for you to be able to subscribe only to replies directly to you but there is not. The only options for subscriptions/notifications are the ones I've outlined above.

Message 8 of 9 (1,512 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got it  Thank you for your help  

Message 9 of 9 (1,501 Views)