I desperately need help...

by sgtzeke21

Original Post

I desperately need help...

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys I need help. I just bought Battlefield 1 tonight for PC but didn't relize I needed an Origin account till it suggested it. So I downloaded Origin, and made an account but now when I go to install the game and it asks for the redeem code, I don't have one because I have no purchase history with the Origin account... Am I just out of my 100$ now?

Message 1 of 6 (586 Views)

Re: I desperately need help...

Hero

"I desperately need help" is not a good headline for a thread. Try being descriptive and mention what the thread is about.

As for your issue, you cannot buy the game without an Origin account and when you buy the game it's added to that Origin account. So if you bought the game on Origin you should either have the game (no need to enter any serial key) or you should not have bought the game (check your bank account / order history in Origin).

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 6 (580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry for my headline friend. first time ever doing something like this.
I bought the game directly from the battlefield 1 official site, and the payment went thru as I have an email saying so. but before it went to install the game it said I needed origin to do so. thats when I downloaded that, made the origin account, but no game shows up in the origin library or history. so idk what to do

Message 3 of 6 (572 Views)

Hero

The battlefield.com site redirects you to the Origin store which requires you to be logged in. So it's to the account you were logged into then that you had the game added to.

If you want someone to look into your purchase as you don't know what that account is then contact EA support:

Answer HQ is a community based public, mostly technical, support forum. Your fellow gamers on this forum don't have access to your account in any way.  You will have to go to:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
First, select the game:

select.jpg

Then select your platform:

platform.jpg

Now select and describe your problem (or as close as you can get):
3 details.jpg

You will now get shown the most optimal way to contact EA with your given problem:
5contactus.jpg

The available methods depend time of day, time of week and holidays in the country selected in the selector in the top right corner:

4 country.jpg

Changing the above language to United States or similar countries with large support departments can sometime make live chat appear if it's not available in your country.

If the ways to contact EA or the live chat or similar does not appear try another browser, disabling browser addons/extensions or internet security applications which might be blocking it, clearing the browser cache and temporary files or try it in a private browser tab.

I hope this guide helps you properly contact a EA representative.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 6 (564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks you kindly sir. Iam currently getting help.

Message 5 of 6 (545 Views)

Hero

@sgtzeke21

Were they able to help you?

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 6 (521 Views)