Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

I can't interact with anything in Mass Effect Andromeda

by OGPooky

Original Post

Re: I can't interact with anything in Mass Effect Andromeda

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello I have the same problem and looking for a solution to the issue but on XBOX One. It is occurs in Single Player and does not apply to multiplayer that I have experienced.

I can no longer interact with objects, characters, vehicles, or anything in any vestige of single player. It first occurred during a quest late in the game on EOS,

I have tried reloading every save file I have, fast traveling, and even starting a new campaign but nothing seems to fix the issue. 

I have tried restarting my Xbox One, yelling at my TV, and stomping the ground out of frustration. Those do not work either.

I think i will sleep on it, try it again tomorrow, maybe a little more yelling and then try to reinstall. I would rather not tamper with my save files, I am 60+ hours deep fellas. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Frustrated Mass Effect Enthusiast

Message 11 of 18 (1,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I have the same problem, was exploring havarl and was suddenly unable to open anything. Cant return to the tempest, cant open doors and cant loot anything. Tried loading earlier saves, but the bug seems to be affecting all of them when i was able to interact in them before. ( quite a lot of missions before)

In on xbox one.

Edit: force closing the game and restarting it worked, force close it or boot another game first might help. (Xbox)
Message 12 of 18 (1,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Same Issue here.. EA/Bioware responded to this yet? Almost a week with a broken game.. remember the days when games were released and they worked? Era of the "we will just patch it after launch"

UPDATED

Solution

Go into documents and delete the bioware folder that holds all the saves. Once it downloads the saves from cloud reload and it should be fixed. This resolved my issue

Message 13 of 18 (1,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried every fix on here, and none of them work.  My cloudsave is corrupted and multiplayer interactions will not work either.  I have 51 hours in the game and nothing is working, I went all the way back to 11 hours in on 'Eos' and nothing. A new game has the same glitch.  I can't interact with anything and the when holding 'e' it just loads 60% of the way before restarting in a loop

Can someone please help? I have no idea what to do. 

Message 14 of 18 (1,699 Views)

Community Manager

@Syryn17 Hi, it sounds like you may have a different issue. The one discussed in the thread sounds like the gameworld/simulation is in a bad state, whereas from the description it sounds like you have an input issue. Can you try restarting your system with a Clean Boot, and unplugging any extra USB devices other than your keyboard & mouse, then load the game up and check again?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Thanks

Message 15 of 18 (1,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I followed the link with the clean boot, and the game has not changed, and I still have the same issue with interactions.  I just realized that when I move my character, Ryder glitches a little too, walking a little tilted or looks like its lagging when moves a little.  

Message 16 of 18 (1,660 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I had the same issue but I found a very simple solution. It reduced me to level one, so I just went to my game loads and found the last one to have my level 38 save. I reloaded from there and everything worked fine.
Message 17 of 18 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie
I just managed to fix mine. Jumped into some water on Eos and it ported me into the Nomad.
Message 18 of 18 (1,084 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help