I can’t connect to the ea servers for nhl 21

by tobeatz

Original Post

Re: I can’t connect to the ea servers for nhl 21

Community Manager

@badmadsteve41 

Great! I'm so glad that took care of it. If you have any other issues, please let us know. Good luck and stay safe!

Aljo.png
Message 31 of 38 (968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue and both EA and XBox support are useless.

Message 32 of 38 (639 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @HouseMusicPlace.

What system are you playing on and do you use a wired or wireless connection? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 33 of 38 (634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

XBOX S with a wireless connection.  The system is just over a month old and 90% of the time the same issue exists....at the beginning it would connect 50% of the time.

The modem is located approx 20feet from the console.  The XBOX system is connected without any issues....only the game itself.

I have already gone through the steps of reinstalling the game and restarting the console.  Same thing.  XBOX said its an EA sports issue after 30min of troubleshooting.  They gave me the EA sports contact # 650-628-1393 but it doesn't work.

Thanks

PS I also saw this post from reddit where the 4th comment indicates a similar issue with a solve.  I am also in Ont and I spoke with Rogers just now and they said their modem from when this post was made made you choose between IPv4 pr IPv6 however the newer. models have both which should enable the XBOX or EA to select either one based on which one they need to work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/b0necc/help_cant_connect_to_ea_servers/

Message 34 of 38 (628 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HouseMusicPlace here is more info as well from another thread.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/94508/ipv6
Message 35 of 38 (620 Views)

Community Manager

@HouseMusicPlace 

I definitely recommend you switch to a wired connection. That resolves many connection issues. Would it be possible to test that out?

Something else I can recommend is trying alternate DNS settings. From the Xbox One screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

For North American support, there isn't a phone number you can call. Try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support.

Aljo.png
Message 36 of 38 (619 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo @EA_Aljo the wired connection works fine however this should not be a solution to product that should work wireless without flaws.

This setup won't work for me so I'll have to consider just returning the whole thing since the product doesn't operate as advertised.
Message 37 of 38 (597 Views)

Community Manager

@HouseMusicPlace 

That's usually the case as wireless is an unstable connection and very prone to disconnects/lag and overall connection issues. Many have found a powerline adaptor to be a good solution for not being able to use a wire. I have a few of these myself so I no longer need to stretch network cables all the place and they've worked very well.

Aljo.png
Message 38 of 38 (586 Views)