I can't access the honeymoon suite in store and characters are married

by 67applecore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't access the honeymoon suite in store and characters are married

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I can't access the honeymoon category in the store for my married couple. They are definitely married - I went through all of the steps and Sims Mobile indicated that they are married. However, as I said, The honeymoon suite items remain locked. Also my couple is also categorized as board game buddies (under Geek Speak) but I can't proceed with their married status events.. No woo - woo, no kids.

Husband and Wife appear in their relationship boxes as well as 'board game buddies.'
One thing I thought of - after the marriage, when I returned to the quest view, there was no marriage box - and no reward for completion.

FWIW, the baby items are accessible.

Do you know if there is a way to fix this? I'm afraid they are done as characters if I can't, and I've grown attached to them - and all of that work to advance their various statuses (and money) is gone.

PS "Restful Rustic Bed" is locked.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11 (2,807 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't access the honeymoon suite in store and characters are married

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@67applecore Nice to find out you were able to solve this on your own (those item block issue most have encountered that & thought there was something wrong with their game LOL)

Anyhoo, just an FYI, your sims won't age as long as you don't choose to (birthday cake symbol above their heads means they can be aged up - for baby/child sim - OR ready to be retired).

In TSM, we can use the same sims forever in the game AND/OR just edit their physical characteristics, traits & EVEN their names. No need to make/create, retire or have offspring sims if you don't want to :-)

#HappySimming

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (2,518 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@67applecorePS "Restful Rustic Bed" is locked.

(I tried to delete this "answer" but couldn't.

Message 2 of 11 (2,782 Views)

Hero
@67applecore Have you just completed the Wedding Quest?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 11 (2,664 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I did. At least I followed all the directions (I'm new at this). In any case Sims announced that my sims are married.

The quest box was missing though so I couldn't collect whatever the prize was for getting married, not that this matters to me. Later on I tried the bed, but no one was interested, lol. But they are still identified as husband and wife. But it seems that something has gone wrong.

Message 4 of 11 (2,628 Views)

Hero
@67applecore The purpose of the wedding quest is to unlock the Honeymoon Suite. Sims can get married even if you don't finish the quest within the 48 hours time frame.
The quest will disappera, but it will trigger start next time you complete the Proposal event.
Here's the walkthrough so you can plan in advance: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Wedding-Quest-walkthrough/m-p/7399492#M19496

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 11 (2,601 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have just solved my problem!

I have just married my second couple, and when viewing the options for the bed (the rustic full sized bed) I read through to the bottom and saw the option to woo-woo ready to be selected. For my first couple, the options were all grayed out. I went back to my first couple, the ones who couldn't perform (!!!), and finally realized that by the grayed out box (woo -woo with...) It said that the bed was blocked.

The room was quite small. I removed all the items from the room but the bed, moved the bed around, and FINALLY those two got together! Needless to say, I am relieved. Now all I need is for them to not age out before they raise children.
Thank you for all of your trouble.

Message 6 of 11 (2,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@67applecore Nice to find out you were able to solve this on your own (those item block issue most have encountered that & thought there was something wrong with their game LOL)

Anyhoo, just an FYI, your sims won't age as long as you don't choose to (birthday cake symbol above their heads means they can be aged up - for baby/child sim - OR ready to be retired).

In TSM, we can use the same sims forever in the game AND/OR just edit their physical characteristics, traits & EVEN their names. No need to make/create, retire or have offspring sims if you don't want to :-)

#HappySimming

Message 7 of 11 (2,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was happy to solve my problem too Wink . Thanks so much for the encouragement! And thanks for the information on aging Sims. That's a big help! Standard smile

Message 8 of 11 (2,512 Views)

★ Guide

My Sims are married but I guess I never finished the quest either. It’s OK though. They are happy and now have 7 beautiful children. They both wanted large families.

Message 9 of 11 (2,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem I'm having. My sims are married. I completed the whole marriage quest and everything, they've even had 2 children already, but the honeymoon suite never unlocked even though it was promised as a reward for completing the quest. 

Now, my issue is with the husband not interacting with their children... at all. He just stands there staring into space, when before, he'd start talking to my Sim. This game is really buggy. Even the roommate randomly starts interacting with the toddler, but not the husband. So weird. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,121 Views)