Re: I blue screen randomly

by EA_Kent

Original Post

I blue screen randomly

★★ Novice

I can play for sometimes hours or days or sometimes five minutes. It’s always random when it will happen,I’ve contacted EA support three times and it still happens.

Message 1 of 10 (509 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @chickendance69

Which platform do you play on? What sort of troubleshooting steps have you had a chance to try so far? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (444 Views)

★★ Novice

I play on ps4,I’ve renewed my licenses,initialized my ps4, and also restored my data. I have done everything I’ve been told and yet it still happens. This is the only game that blue screens for me.

Message 3 of 10 (418 Views)

Community Manager

@chickendance69 

Got it, thanks. I wonder if there might actually be a connection issue causing these crashes. Let's try some connection troubleshooting to see if that helps at all. 

A good place to start off would be the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still having the same issues after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how it goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (404 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve done all of that and I’m still having blue screening. I don’t know what the problem is, but it’s getting to the point we’re I don’t wanna play if ima blue screen every 30 mins.

Message 5 of 10 (379 Views)

Community Manager

@chickendance69 

Does it seem like it's crashing at a particular spot in the game, or is it just random? Are you doing anything in particular when it happens, like picking up an item or firing a certain weapon? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (352 Views)

★★ Novice

It is completely random, I could be waking for I could be sitting still. Nothing is ever the same when it happens so it’s random from what I see. It happened nearly 9 times last night.

Message 7 of 10 (344 Views)

Community Manager

@chickendance69 

Got it, thanks.

Do you have a lot of people on your friends list in PSN? If so, can you try removing some of the people on your friends list to see if that helps with the crashes at all? It may sound odd, but we have seen some cases where clearing out some of the friends list has helped prevent crashes. 

Let me know if that makes a difference for you. 

/Ken

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (321 Views)

★★ Novice

One of my homies that streams just suggested that actually and I have now gone from 723 to 227 friends and he said that it worked for him. I haven’t tested it out yet but I think it will work.

Message 9 of 10 (297 Views)

Community Manager

@chickendance69 

Gotcha, thanks. Let me know how that goes when you can. I've heard from others who have also said it helps with crashes. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (259 Views)