Re: I am truly desperate now with my account ban

by Zeelmaekers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I am truly desperate now with my account ban

★★★ Newbie

So my account is banned even though I haven't played Apex since sometime around May 2021 as I was working through some work and family stuff. I still kept up with the news and the discussion around Seer and Season 10 made me totally abstain from the game for a bit.

I decide to boot the game back up and I just keep getting kicked out with the message that my account is banned. Clearly something must be wrong, because I did not play a single game since May 2021. I check out some of my settings and also noticed a Seer character in my character select, which is impossible because I did not play that season at all.

I go through the normal EA support process and they just say that they have done a full investigation and will uphold the ban

I ask them for more details, again they say that they have done a full investigation and will uphold the ban. They also say that this is the last they will action on this matter.

I share the same story on reddit and they tell me that most likely my account is hacked. They told me to check my junk mail and sure enough, the email there on my account ban came in on Sept 2021, just a little bit before news broke out of a major account stealing incident

I went back to EA support to inform of the potential hacking and for once I have a helpful EA chat support who walks me through securing my account and even sent the team handling bans to look at my account again. Imagine my disappointment, when EA sends another email saying that they refuse to action on my account.

I am now truly desperate. This entire process has zero transparency and I cannot even contact someone who might be able to see my login details to prove that these were suspicious logins. I just want to play the game I paid for and the characters I earned. I hope there is a community manager or a developer here who can help me with my case because EA support gives zero details on how I can fix this. I don't even know what the hacker did with my account exactly?

Hope somebody here can help. A thousand blessings on to you for your assistance.

Message 1 of 3 (613 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @GNNNRD.

If our TOS team has repeatedly denied your appeals then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to change this.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (536 Views)

All Replies

Hey @GNNNRD 

Sorry to hear you are in this situation, Let's check if we can find some proof of potential hijacking.

You can check all login attempts for your account by requesting your EA data.
By logging in on https://www.ea.com/ go to account settings and click on Your EA data.

Here the Request a download and you'll can download it after an hour or so.

Check the logs and if you see any sus IP's, you can attach this to your ban appeal if they are any.
With more evidence, they might unban you but I cannot guarantee that.

Hope you get this issue resolved. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 3 (576 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @GNNNRD.

If our TOS team has repeatedly denied your appeals then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to change this.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (537 Views)