How to play on Windows 7

by Id_Hug_You

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

How to play on Windows 7

★★★★ Novice

Please don't post operating system drama, like "y u not use windows 10." This is a forum guide, not a Twitter thread.

If you're encountering this error whenever you try to launch the game:

The procedure entry point DXGIGetDebugInterface1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll

Then just do the following:

* Download ReShade: https://reshade.me/
* Run it and choose Star Wars Squadrons from the list of games it shows you.
* It will ask you what post processing effects you want. I just chose the default settings.
* Once done, run the game. If you want to get rid of the ReShade bar at the top, hit the "HOME" key and click "Skip Tutorial." Then hit the "ESC" key and it should fade from the screen. If it doesn't, press HOME again.
* Have fun!

Credits to the original author:
https://www.gog.com/forum/system_shock_series/new_system_shock_ue4_demo_for_windows_7_64_users/post9

Message 1 of 4 (1,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to play on Windows 7

Hero

Thanks for posting. I'm sure others will find this useful.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,189 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Thanks for posting. I'm sure others will find this useful.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 4 (1,190 Views)

★ Guide

Hey - so I can download from Origin and still play online and single player using W7 using your method?

Message 3 of 4 (1,137 Views)

★ Novice
@Id_Hug_You Didn't work for me unfortunately. Just a black screen with emblem
Message 4 of 4 (991 Views)