Re: How to play Apex legend with Ps4 controller

by ichirakuRaamen

Original Post

How to play Apex legend with Ps4 controller

★★ Novice

Hi Everyone,

I need some help. How do i play apex legend with my Ps4 Controller? 

This is already connected to my laptop through steam but once i click on Apex I can’t use my controller. 

Please help? 

Message 1 of 14 (42,828 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Wokilledyou

In my experience Apex Legends should be able to detect the PS4 controller automatically. Do you have any other USB devices connected to your laptop at the moment? If so, would you mind disconnecting them to test and see if that makes any difference at all? 

I've seen cases where having multiple USB inputs can cause some weird issues in-game. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (42,744 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey @EA_Kent,

Thanks for replying but at the time i didn't have any other device connected.

I still can't play with a bluetooth controller. This has to be connected to my laptop with a cable.

Message 3 of 14 (42,718 Views)

Community Manager

@Wokilledyou 

Ah, I see. 

Pairing the controller via Bluetooth is different than connecting it with a USB cable. Usually Windows would require an additional driver to recognize a Bluetooth device. There are some third party drivers you can download that may help. 

For more details I'd recommend checking out this thread over at the Microsoft community website: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ps4-bluetooth-not-working-with...

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 14 (42,704 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent
The thing is, i'm already using a driver (DS4) that's why it's working with the usb cable. My controller also works fine wireless. I'm only having problems at APEX. Idk why but it just doesn't react on apex legends wireless.

That's the issue i'm dealing with it.

Message 5 of 14 (42,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hi @Wokilledyou
have u fixed your issue yet? because i'm having the same problem and i dont know how to fix it either.
Message 6 of 14 (42,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you figure it out? You need to use DS4 and have the DS4 window open while you play.

Message 7 of 14 (41,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yo, i got ds4 open and connected through usb cable, but apex still doesnt react,

Message 8 of 14 (36,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mans just gave up and didnt answer our question, i literally cant play apex and my controller isnt being recognized

Message 9 of 14 (34,032 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @blessedfetus

Are you running any third party drivers or anything for your PS4 controller, such as DS4Windows? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 14 (33,996 Views)