Re: How to make Apex Legends WORK (if you're game is not starting up)

by sootsprite119

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Try to delete this folder C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Respawn

this will delete local save save which can causing profile loading  issue

Make sure that this folder is not set to READONLY when it recreate after game relaunch

add "-quickstart" command [without " "] in game properties [Origin -> Click on Apex in your game library and then rack icon]

That operation helped me bing back to the game

Cheers

EDIT:

Sorry , I wrote incomplete sentence ,so

you should try to delete this folder first [C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Respawn],then launch game and  then  uncheck Read Only [folders will recreate after game relaunch --> just launch game one more time]

If it doesn't work then You should try Repair the game in Origin , run as Administrator or add "-quickstart" command [without " "] in game properties [Origin -> Click on Apex in your game library and then rack icon]

First i deleted that folder C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Respawn

then i added that -quickstart command in game properties then I launched game and then i unchecked Read Only in recreated folder properties [it will change back to read only itself ,so I just leaved these tabs open on desktop [ Respawn & Apex & local ]with unchecked Read Only ]

That's it , It worked for me when i launched the game second time , because at the first time it get stuck at black screen with that red Gif thing in right down corner

Message 11 of 57 (17,464 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can t repair the 2015 ones. it says that i ve already have them but i don t find them anywhere in my pc...

Message 12 of 57 (18,111 Views)

★ Pro
Visual C++2017 replaces version 2015, if you have 2017 installed you wont be able to install 2015...

Remember that there might be applications or games on your PC that need 2017 in order to run.

The majority of people have voted my approach as not recommended, make sure you have a back of every Visual C++ so you can restore it if it doesnt work for you
Message 13 of 57 (17,902 Views)

★★ Novice
Jusy tried but didn't work. Thanks for help.
win10(non updated)
athlon ii 455
HD5770 hawk
6gb ram
Message 14 of 57 (17,735 Views)

★ Pro
Your processor doesnt support SSE4 instructions but thanks
Message 15 of 57 (17,557 Views)

★★ Novice
This wont damage your computer lmfao.
You can literally reinstall vc and itll work fine.
Don't tell people nonsense just because you have trouble fixing your own problems lol.
Here's a fix for the black screen when lauching apex legends
click the settings button>click repair>wait>????>profit
Message 16 of 57 (17,418 Views)

★★ Apprentice

oh right sry forgot to come back and say my results , didnt work sadly same crashes as before like it said it would be to easy xD still one can hope

Message 17 of 57 (17,407 Views)

★ Pro

Make sure x64 and x86 versions of Visual C++ are running the same version because:

• If you install alot of applications or games it might cause a difference in version between x64 and x86 (So if Visual C++ 2010 x64 is version 10.0.40219.325, the x86 version needs to be also this and not 10.0.40219.1 for example)
  • Check using iobit uninstaller of windows program uninstaller if you have multiple versions of the same Visual C++ running, you only need 1 version for x86 and 1 for x64 (So if Visual C++ 2010 x64 10.0.40219.325 is installed make sure to remove Visual C++ 2010 x64 is version 10.0.40219.1)
  • Make a habbit if you install any new drivers, games, software or other utilities to go back and check the presense of Visual C++ versions installed as they may install different versions in the background which are maybe older (do this if you have problems running applications or games)
  • If you make any removal or installation of Visual C++ make sure to restart your computer ( you can do a cold reboot by pressing ALT+F4 and selecting restart)
  • Always make a backup of your current Visual C++ installs and versions so you can go back in case somethings goes wrong
Message 18 of 57 (17,028 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone, 

Jumping in here to clarify a few comments on this topic. 

Reinstalling VC++ is not harmful to your PC and is a valid troubleshooting step to do and something we do recommend that you do if you have an issue with games. 

If the program is not installed then the game won't run as they are a needed program to run games with. 

If you have any questions let me know. 

/Atic
Message 19 of 57 (16,968 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Stop trying to scam people

Message 20 of 57 (16,724 Views)