Re: How to make Apex Legends WORK (if you're game is not starting up)

by angeltyrael

Original Post

How to make Apex Legends WORK (if you're game is not starting up)

★ Pro
  • Remove all Visual C++ versions from your computer (IO bit free uninstaller recommended but not necessary)
  • Restart your computer
  • Go to:C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
  • Install ONLY the versions that are in that map: vcredist_x64, vcredist_x64_vs2010, vcredist_x64_vs2015, vcredist_x86, vcredist_x86_vs2010, vcredist_x86_vs2015
  • Restart your computer
  • Launch the Game from Origin and make sure FULLSCREEN mode is used

Finding this solution that works took me about six hours of trial and pain, I hope someone can now enjoy the game

Before I tried alot of other methods like repairing Easy Anti Cheat, Reinstalling the game, repairing the game ALL DID NOT WORK

BYE NOW

Message 1 of 57 (141,413 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Your advice is desperate!

!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE DO THIS !!

• Remove all Visual C++ versions from your computer (IO bit free uninstaller recommended but not necessary)
  • Restart your computer
  • Go to:C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
  • Install ONLY the versions that are in that map: vcredist_x64, vcredist_x64_vs2010, vcredist_x64_vs2015, vcredist_x86, vcredist_x86_vs2010, vcredist_x86_vs2015
  • Restart your computer
  • Launch the Game from Origin and make sure FULLSCREEN mode is used

Warning: Don't do it !!

If you use software that works well, then the above will mess with your system.

Very bad advice just to play a game. Do not remove VC just to get this game to work. The problem is with EA and not your system.

Please read my posts for clarification.

Message 2 of 57 (140,971 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

DONT DO THIS 

Visual C++ is not somthing you remove at all 

Message 3 of 57 (140,755 Views)

★ Pro
Mess up your system? People are formatting their windows to play this game.. Obviously you can leave it or take it..
Message 4 of 57 (140,740 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yeah some people went far beyond this lol , busides it was easy to do as well , makes logical sense as well might have had a game that installed a diffrent version in the past and creates conflict , either way i will keep u updated if this works , sadly in my experiance i need to play around 10min-8hours to get the crash it is incredibly random sometimes every game sometimes np really hopeing this works man

Message 5 of 57 (140,585 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I do believe you could be a touch more responsible with your posts Bluelagoon2018

Your advice is BAD full STOP .

If people are formatting drives to play this game then they have nothing better to do with there computers, your * advice just makes the world more convoluted than it needs to be.

Stop posting nonsense and stop asking me to explain myself.

I think YOU should leave it.

Your done here and reported.

Message 6 of 57 (140,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

bt119be , not sure what your problem is man , but uninstalling and reinstalling programs in windows is normal c++ included , i cant tell if your a troll or just incredibly uneducated on pc's , if you have nothing to add leave us be. some people actualy try to find solutions

Message 7 of 57 (140,158 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
You shouldn't do this. I did that trying to fix Apex errors, cause somebody told me that, didn't work for me, didn't reinstall one of redistributables which messed up my graphic card update I performed right after that, which resulted in 2h of fixing, making multiple clean installs and getting various errors. There are more visual c++ redists than in origin folder and things can depend on those.
Message 8 of 57 (139,867 Views)

★★ Apprentice

ChromaticChimera attempting any fix on your own = risk if you do anything wrong , same thing for devs , you clearly took the risk for an unoficial fix didnt do it right and paid the price , you even point out it was your fault , i did this i had no problems uninstalling and reinstalling is the most basic of basic things you can do , this is not even close to windows/game breaking like that man was making it out to be , if anything i would be surprised if this is all i need for a fix to easy Frown

Message 9 of 57 (137,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thing is, I have other games that may depend on that VC version installed. Not gonna risk it.
Message 10 of 57 (134,127 Views)