Re: How to link Origin account on steam ?

by JUANCECBA82

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to link Origin account on steam ?

★★★★ Novice

Hello everybody, I have a problem, when I launch Apex Legends on Steam I'm not abble to connect to my origin account (where I'm level 150).

How to link my account ?

I have read that normally at the first connection on steam we can log in to an origin account but nothing come at the first connection on steam, it creates me an account level 1 and don't find any way to connect to my origin account ...

Can anybody help me ?

Message 1 of 11 (38,916 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Just a return, I have finally successfully linked my Origin account with my steam account.

I have contacted the ea support (after login in with my steam account) :

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=apex-legends&community=true&platform=pc

I have selected "Manage my account" and then "Account linking" in order to contact them.

The problem was that I also had NFS Heat and didn't remember that I had link and old Origin account to my steam account at this moment. That was why I wasn't asked to connect to my Origin account when launching Apex on Steam.

So in fact my problem was that I had already an Origin account linked to my steam account.

The support deleted the link, and at the next start of Apex from Steam I was asked to connect to my Origin account.

Hope this help some people !

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (38,570 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Marchombre_Onyx.

You can find instructions for linking your accounts here. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 11 (38,882 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have followed the instructions but it don't solve my problem, I am unable to link my accounts ...

- I have Origin installed on my computer

- I don't have any account link

- When I launch Apex on Steam there is no launcher asking me to link my account ...

I have tried to launch the game with Origin already lauch but it didn't change anything

Message 3 of 11 (38,868 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue.

Message 4 of 11 (38,854 Views)

Community Manager

@Marchombre_Onyx @TheHarpo0n 

It's possible your account is already linked to Steam. Please try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 11 (38,845 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Marchombre_Onyx me too Frown
could you enter? could you solve it? How did you do it?
Message 6 of 11 (38,768 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@JUANCECBA82 My problem is still not solved, I have contacted the ea support on fb, they told me that :

This is currently a known issue that our game team is currently investigating. We currently do not have an estimated time frame for when the issues will be resolved at this time. Please feel free to keep an eye on our Twitter page https://twitter.com/OriginInsider and forums https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/ct-p/origin-en for updates. So sorry that there was not more I could do to get this issue resolved for you today. If we can help in the future, please let us know. -Tee

So I guess we just have to wait that the issue is solved.
Message 7 of 11 (38,753 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just a return, I have finally successfully linked my Origin account with my steam account.

I have contacted the ea support (after login in with my steam account) :

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=apex-legends&community=true&platform=pc

I have selected "Manage my account" and then "Account linking" in order to contact them.

The problem was that I also had NFS Heat and didn't remember that I had link and old Origin account to my steam account at this moment. That was why I wasn't asked to connect to my Origin account when launching Apex on Steam.

So in fact my problem was that I had already an Origin account linked to my steam account.

The support deleted the link, and at the next start of Apex from Steam I was asked to connect to my Origin account.

Hope this help some people !

Message 8 of 11 (38,571 Views)

Community Manager

@Marchombre_Onyx 

Thanks for the update! Really glad to hear you can play now. If you have any other issues, please let us know. Good luck!

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 11 (38,495 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm glad you've already been able to link your Steam account to Origin.

Message 10 of 11 (12,115 Views)