How to fix the NFS: Heat "Item Synchronization failed" Error 40010000

by NathanAMG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to fix the NFS: Heat "Item Synchronization failed" Error 40010000

★★★ Novice

Hey all,

Before I start, I would like to exclaim that this is what I did to solve the problem, this may not solve it for you!

First:

Navigate to your game save directory. This should be located here: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Need for Speed Heat\SaveGame\savegame

After, place your save game (it should be called "1") on to your desktop.

Second:

Navigate to Origin, right-click Need for Speed: Heat, game properties, Cloud saves, and uncheck "Enable cloud saves for all supported games"

Third:

Start the game. It may ask you to upload your local file; click yes if prompted.

Fourth:

Play the game as if you were playing normally. Play the game up until you can install your first Nitrous kit and then, leave the garage, quit to lobby and exit.

Fifth:

Navigate to your game save directory again and delete that new save.

Sixth:

Go back to Origin, right-click Need for Speed: Heat, game properties, Cloud saves, and click "Restore last local saved game".

Seventh:

Start the game; if it's worked, you should not get the error and you'll be able to play online. Now, just quit the game and delete the new save and put the original save in its place.

Hope this helps.

Message 1 of 41 (35,769 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to fix the NFS: Heat "Item Synchronization failed" Error 40010

★★ Novice

The solution by  @NathanAMG sadly didn't fix this problem for me. But I found another solution.

A friend invited me to a party and started multiplayer. This apparently skips the "checking inventory" part of connecting. After buying some new parts for my car (not sure if this is actually neccessary) I was able to upload my savegame successfully and join multiplayer on my own again.

View in thread

Message 14 of 41 (38,366 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I don't have cloud save on, but I did get the error.

Message 2 of 41 (35,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@NathanAMG 

Thank you for finding a solution to the issue that a lot of us are experiencing. I was only able to locate a solution for the PS4, and I couldn't seem to find a resolution for the PC so you helped in a big way. Hopefully your post will get some more feedback because a lot of the players need to know about the fix so that way they can get their progress back. I'll pass along this solution to my friends on PC. Hopefully they are able to get their progress back.

Cheers!

adamburger16

Message 3 of 41 (35,632 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@adamburger16 What’s the resolution for PS4 users?
Message 4 of 41 (35,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@OhNoImBored 

Go to this post

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Temporary-Solution-To-Lost-Cars-And-Parts-PS4/m-p/8481945...

I made a thread about it, but more feedback would be appreciated to see if the experiment I ran bears some fruit. According to BLVD69 his friend said that it seemed to work.

Cheers!

adamburger16

Message 5 of 41 (35,601 Views)

★★★ Novice
@NathanAMG The basic gist of this process is to overwrite your main save game's cloud save by creating a new one, and then reuploading your old save which in turn, will create a new cloud save.
Message 6 of 41 (35,582 Views)

Item synchronization error 40010000 PC

★★★ Newbie

Item synchronization error 40010000 PC

Anyone else not able to load their profile to play onlline at the moment because  of this??

SUCKS SO HARD! Frown

Message 7 of 41 (35,326 Views)

Re: Item synchronization error 40010000 PC

★★★ Newbie

Happening to me on PS4 as well. 

Message 8 of 41 (35,320 Views)

★★ Novice

Does anyone know how to fix this problem on xbox?

Message 9 of 41 (35,438 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@NathanAMG None of this matters if we lost all of our *
Message 10 of 41 (35,390 Views)