How to fix the KERNELBASE.DLL error?

by BF_Soldier_3465

Original Post

Re: How to fix the KERNELBASE.DLL error?

★★★ Novice

I did a clean install, this also means to delete the drive C (usually name "C"). Before, I was not able to play firestorm mode and I was not able to finish a whole round of conquest or other modes. I did not install CCleaner or other tools, which change the registry. So far, my system runs very well.

Message 11 of 26 (1,659 Views)

★★★ Novice

After a few days and after a few games. Again trouble with KERNELBASE.DLL. A little different, the game does not crash to desktop, but it slows down my whole PC and a crash report is send to Microsoft.

The clean install of Windows 10 helped for some days. Any way to reset my windows account? A new account is not a real option for me, because my e-mail adress is the login. Currently I try a second account on my PC, if this really helps.

Message 12 of 26 (1,628 Views)

★ Guide

Do you have any overclocks?

Message 13 of 26 (1,619 Views)

★★★ Novice

- My graphic card is an OC Edition, as thousand of others too.
- I tried both, my CPU and RAM as stock and OC. It does not make any different.
- After the clean install, i used stock settings in BIOS.

Message 14 of 26 (1,598 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The last BFV patch fixed this issue for me. I did not have to reinstall Windows, use a new account or anything else.
As I pointed out previously those kind of solutions are just lazy and not really pin pointing the issue. You dont tell someone with a flat tire to get a new car nor should you be telling people who have issues with one game to reinstall windows. That is something you do if you have several issues across multiple applications or in windows in general.
I also see those who did reinstall got the issue back anyways.

The issue is instability in BFV which was fixed for me in the last patch (April 4th patch).
Patch note even says that several instability issues were addressed.
If you still crash the best thing you can do is to post in the pinned crash thread on the battefield.com forums with your dxdiag files, event viewer messages etc and hope they will come up with a fix.
Message 15 of 26 (1,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BF_Soldier_3465 I did get my KERNELBASE.DLL fixed on my PC and a buddy's PC not sure if it will help you as both PCs I fixed it on run Intel I9 - 9900K Processor. Maybe it will help you please see both posts as what fixed it for me did not fix his PC :/ But I posted both fixes in the topic and maybe it will give you more of a idea what to  look at if nothing else.

On a side note I have a manual OC stable on my ram as XMP gave errors ...and if any OC is stable it will Not make a game crash so my view is removing any stable OC on ram and or CPU is just silly to try and get a game stable. 

... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fixed-on-2-PC-W-I9-9900K-Kernallbase-dll-error-BFV-I-hope...

@TheLocalTroll I agree with most everything you said  but what I found fixing my buddy's PC with the formats he did he just installed all the asus programs and G-force experience and got the same crash back . What I did to his pc is make sure his format was done so clean and kept all the junk / bloatware programs off him. Sadly many people fall into the trap of thinking this program will d/l all my drivers silly, but what they fail to get the programs make issues sometimes just showing in one game it seems. We did a clean boot on him he still crashed :/ It was not until he let me at his PC and agreed to keep the programs off his PC I got his game & rig stable.

Message 16 of 26 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Novice

@TheLocalTroll A clean install of Windows means to reinstall everything. It is a lot work, therewith no one is happy with that. It worked out for some days, so it was not useless. At all, I wanted to do a clean install for many other reasons, to have a fresh Windows OS.

I have the same experience. Currently BFV runs very good, after the patch from April 4th. Also a new KB update was released by Microsoft.

@2042isNotBF Some good points, thanks for that.

Message 17 of 26 (1,528 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BF_Soldier_3465 I'm a geek I like doing formats as long as they are done fully clean lol. My buddy was not happy I would not allow Realtek sound drivers and other Asus programs on him and no G force experience. I had him agree to all this before I would fix his PC for him.  Sadly he was one who used programs to update drivers ug scrub move on a PC.

Now I think he gets it as he is stable and he will now go to the site and download drivers. He has Corsair head set so he so does not need Realtek sound drivers he just needs his Corsair headset  drivers. This is how people learn on a PC so I was happy to teach him and show him why all the junk programs are not needed. I hope my write up will help you, and yes I could have tried just removing programs on him but a clean windows install is your best bet for a issue like this.

Message 18 of 26 (1,525 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Reinstalling OS? This should be the very last option. Usually it helps to reinstall DirectX and Microsoft Visual Redistributable from Control Panel.

My specs:

Intel i7 3770@4.2Ghz

RAM

AMD Fury X

So I started to crash on other games also and BFV was giving heavy BSOD-s very often. Was also suspecting my OC failing but it comes out it needed 2 little clicks to OFF- namely Restricted Memory option from BFV and Enhanced Sync option OFF from AMD Settings. Lately haven´t had any crashes anymore. So I´d start by turning OFF all the extra features- Syncs\RTX-s etc and  see if that helps. Somebody mentioned bloatware from mobo manufacturers, might cause instability too I guess.

Message 19 of 26 (1,506 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If people want to spend hours doing troubleshooting that is fine but it wont fix the root cause which is a faulty game code or driver trying to execute a procedure that causes the crash. Sure removing other software may help since they may be using the resource the game is trying to use or be affected when the code is executed but it havent really fixed the root cause.
In my 20 years of gaming on pc I have never ever seen reinstalling windows be the real fix when one game have issues. Its the lazy fix but not the real fix. Most of the times its fixed by either the gpu driver manufacturer or the game developer. In odd cases its a sound card driver issue or solved by reinstalling the game.
But as long as the issue is only in one game then that should say something. 

My posts have been directed towards everyone who always reply to crash issues with: reinstall windows. 
I have seen this all over Apex and Anthem forums recently as well.
When people where having the infamous ctd with no error message in Apex people were going: reinstall windows.
Turned out to be a driver issue that Nvidia fixed
In Anthem people were having sound issues:
Again people started with: reinstall windows.
Turned out to be faulty code that Bioware used several patches to fix
Just a few examples from recent games.

I wont be surprised if most people now have their kernelbase crash fixed. At least every one I know who had the issue no longer got the issue after April 4th patch

Message 20 of 26 (1,495 Views)