Re: How to fix the KERNELBASE.DLL error?

by BF_Soldier_3465

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to fix the KERNELBASE.DLL error?

★★★ Novice

How to fix the KERNELBASE.DLL error?

Or other question. What causes the KERNELBASE.DLL error?

When BFV was released, it runs very well for me. After a patch some weeks ago, i am not sure from Windows OS or BFV or Nvidia driver, or all together, i can not play BFV any longer, because KERNELBASE.DLL error. The forums are full with this error-thread, but how to fix it?

Are there any statements from the publisher/dev´s which i did not noticed?

Message 1 of 26 (5,364 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Update.

For a long time there was no real solution to the problem. 3D Mark was on sale. The app crashed. The support said that there might be a faulty hardware. Some games worked very well, but others like BF V or 3D Mark didn't work at all. I bought a new graphics card, from 1070 to 2070. Since then everything has been fine, Battlefield V, 3D Mark and other games. Unfortunately, I can't test the 1070 in another PC, but just replacing the graphics card had solved the problem.

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (5,890 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @BF_Soldier_3465

If you're using Nvidia GeForce Experience, have you tried disabling the Overlay? I've read that this sometimes helps this issue. 

Also, have you done a clean uninstall/reinstall of the latest Drivers?

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

EA DICE Team

KERNELBASE.DLL issue most of the time connected to the windows account and can happen if a windows update caused error somewhere. 

What I normally suggest is try another window account if you get the same issue is still happening is to try reinstall windows on your PC. 

/Atic 
Message 3 of 26 (5,326 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for all the answers so far. I will test everything intensively and report back here.

- I always use the DDU every time, when a new Nvidia driver is there.

Message 4 of 26 (5,323 Views)

★★ Guide
Welcome to the club. There's a big sticky thread about this issue that's been going on for weeks now. They are aware of this, but it's taking them long to actually come up with a solution.

I've already tried everything that's been recommended to you and it made no difference. There's definitely something going on with Windows updates, but if this was a problem with Windows only, then I'd have all of my games crash and not just BFV. So it's safe to say DICE needs to make some changes that reflect the latest Windows updates.

Hopefully it'll work out for you.
Message 5 of 26 (5,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Sadly this is not always a error to come from the PC user  I have tried everything in the book to fix this on my new rig and then some ,,, countless formats, windows scans done no errors in windows. new windows account does not fix it ,  clean boot the list just goes on and on with things I have done to try and fix it and nothing fixes it.

With so many people with this error and all the things I have done to try and fix it for weeks and weeks not just a few days this is a conflict within BFV seen the same thing with BF4 when it came out . I will put my money on something needs to be fixed in BFV due to last few BFV updates I can look in my husbands pc / event viewer and I can see Kernelbase.dll error now when he had none before. So my money is on its some kind of conflict with windows update and BFV and something needs fixing in BFV.

I don't allow  programs on my game rig like GeForce Experience in fact I allow very few programs on my game rigs I have other pc's for that.  I keep my Game rigs very stable and clean I just don't allow  programs from  ASUS and GeForce Experience/ programs etc on my rigs as they can and will make a conflict . If it was a program on my rig doing this then a clean boot would have fixed it and it did not.

EDIT... As well the same error has started to hit my other game rig when it used to be stable in BFV :/

EDIT 2... And like @sabre9981 I can play any other game no issues inducing BF4.

Message 6 of 26 (5,313 Views)

★★★★ Guide
If you are using DXR and DLSS I would suggest disabling both.
Many, myself including, have this crash only when enabling DXR and DLSS.

If people advice you to reinstall windows then just dont. Thats just a lazy response and rarely fixes anything when the issue is isolated to one game.
Message 7 of 26 (5,279 Views)

★★★ Novice

Solution: Fresh, clean install of Windows OS.

With another game, I had crashes cause of bad_module_info, also a problem with Windows OS. I chose to make a fresh, clean install of Windows OS. Currently it seems, as all my problems are solved. I can play battle royal without crashing in pregame phase, and I can play all other game modes. btw, I had kept the old BFV files on another drive, so that i had not to download them again.

I am a gamer for years, and it was the same with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. From time to time, a fresh, clean install of Windows OS is necessary.

Best regards.

Message 8 of 26 (5,267 Views)

★★★★ Guide
For me turning off dxr helps. Turning of RAM OC (XMP profile) helps.
Reinstalling windows did nothing. Luckily I installed a new fresh windows on a different HDD so I didnt have to reinstall everything else after I confirming a fresh new OS does nothing.

Solution for me: disable dxr
Message 9 of 26 (5,237 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BF_Soldier_3465 Happy you got it fixed by a format and I hope the Kernalbase error does not come back for you. Sadly for me more then a few formats did not fix it and I do my formats in such a way most people don't do all the steps I do for a fully clean format.

Message 10 of 26 (5,221 Views)