How to fix "reservation timed out" errors

by AlienSuperjesus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to fix "reservation timed out" errors

★ Novice

Not long ago I bought a new Lenovo tower 7i desktop, I was playing apex on origin for a while after and recently switched over to steam. I am now having issues with connecting to games and being stuck on loading screens. It seems like once every half hour or so, apex is unable to connect to the EA servers and I have to restart my game 3-4 times before I can play another 2 matches. The most common issue is when I attempt to log in after opening the app. I click "continue", the game loads for a couple seconds and then I get the "unable to connect-reservation timed out error message, which is when I restart my game multiple times. After trying that fix and playing for a bit, I attempt to log into another match and the game is stuck loading indefinitely, I'm once again forced to close the game from my desktop as it becomes unresponsive and I restart my game another couple times. My home internet is not the best and I usually play on Oregon servers but experience the same issue on other servers.  

Message 1 of 6 (631 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to fix "reservation timed out" errors

★★★★ Guide
@AlienSuperjesus try these steps:
1-flush your DNS
2-check the connection guide
3-clean boot

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (593 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@AlienSuperjesus try these steps:
1-flush your DNS
2-check the connection guide
3-clean boot
Message 2 of 6 (594 Views)

★ Novice

worked perfectly, thank you very much

Message 3 of 6 (554 Views)

Code Net Reservation Timed Out

★★ Novice

I’ve seen multiple threads about this already, but I figured I would add one more because why not.

Season 10 has been almost completely unplayable for myself and others who have expressed their frustrations about the code net freezing issue. I would say at this point there is about a 50% chance I connect to games and a 50% chance I get frozen loading into the match for about 2 minutes before I’m booted back to the main menu with a code net message. After I select continue to get back into the pregame lobby I am then met with a reservation timed out message before selecting continue yet again in order to get back into the pregame lobby. Occasionally it says party leader quit at the bottom when I’m sent back to the main menu. I’ve seen similar posts to this be met with the same automated answer that offers no solution to our problem. I’ve also read that one can make another account on the same device under the same settings and not experience this issue at all, and it’s true. I’ve made another account and am able to play fine. The only problem is that I would rather play on my main account, the one that I’ve spent both time and money on… I’ve tried everything I could think of on my end. This seems to have no pattern. It would be such a huge shame for this to continue to be ignored. I would love to be able to play this game again.

If anyone has somehow found a solution to this PLEASE let me know! 

Message 4 of 6 (472 Views)

Can't play on main account due to connection issues.

★★ Novice

The issue happened three weeks ago. When I tried to connect to trios or the firing range, using my main account, I would get stuck in the loading screen for two minutes then get sent back to main menu saying 'connection to server timed out'. Sometimes, when I boot up the game, trying to connect a server will say 'reservation timed out' sometimes after each launch. This doesn't happen on my alt account.

One thing I noticed is that, when trying to connect into a match. my internet connection drops sharply. People on discord is saying that I sound really laggy during that time period. I also couldn't connect to the internet browser.

I tried multiple ways to fix the issue  Flushing my DNS, reinstalling the game, even restarting the router didn't work.

I use Steam to play Apex. Please help!

Message 5 of 6 (460 Views)

★ Apprentice

been having this issues since this update, cant play with friends, happens solo too but like just like 5% of the time, compared with friends it's like 90% always got long load map (usually takes like 3 secs when it connects) then i got the connection error. already tried reinstalling both steam and origin version, dns, new ip etc no luck.

Message 6 of 6 (387 Views)