Re: How to fix prediction error on apex?

by RevenanT-G7

Original Post

How to fix prediction error on apex?

★★★ Newbie
  1. I have been having a big issue with prediction error on EVERY GAME OF apex. My internet is not the issue. I play on pc and every game I get the two lines which means prediction error. How do I solve this? Is there even a solution? The game is becoming unplayable and it’s a shame because I loved the game. This all started 2 weeks ago. 
Message 1 of 29 (51,041 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The only thing you can really do if playing on console is reset your network [modem / router] Don't know on PC. If that doest work then it's a EA server issue.

Prediction error (lines with dots symbol)

A prediction error icon is the one with two parallel lines with dots on them.

This indicates that the server has failed to predict the movement of another player, generally one you’re looking at.

The game tries to calculate and predict such behaviors to a certain extent to show them to other players faster, but a prediction error shows that these predictions are wrong.

This is also a server-side problem that you generally can’t do anything about.

The next time you’re playing Apex and see one of these symbols, remember to check the conditions of your internet connection anyway. Sometimes small tweaks can make a difference if you know what you’re doing.

Prediction Error 

Message 2 of 29 (51,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I have been resetting my modem and still it continues. I am chalking it up to the servers. I am wondering if it’s happening right now since everyone is home and quarantined? That everyone is hopping on and flooding the server. How it’s fixed. I’m about to call it quits. None of my other games do that. I’m upset 

Message 3 of 29 (50,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@zzz_Altered 

I think your right it's because the quarantine going on.

The only other game that I'm playing on and off is COD MW BR and that has the same issues. 

The only way is if EA fixes it, I wouldn't hold my breathe. That's if Ea can even fix it since everyone is basically home. I know in the US there is about 30 states on lock down and at home. so around 85 million+ if not more.

I was having the the same prediction error issue on ps4 I rebooted my modem and router. as of right now it still happens just not as much. I caught maybe 2 games last night that had the preditciton error.

Even streamers are having issues on CODmw BR, and apex legends. From what I'm seeing.

Message 4 of 29 (50,959 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i’ve got the same problem, it seemed to start a few days ago and my internet is fine with 280mbps

Message 5 of 29 (50,927 Views)

Prediction error

★ Novice

Does anyone know how to get rid of the prediction error in apex for Xbox one? I tried reinstalling the game, my NAT type is open and behind a cone. I reset my router and my unup is open. If anyone has any hints it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Message 6 of 29 (50,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Damn, you hit the nail on the head. I also have the very same issue on both Apex and Warzone. However, I just moved to my parents like two weeks ago from my flat a little bit before the whole quarantine thing hit, so I'm not sure if it's because of the * internet here compared to the 500Mb/sec I got used to in the flat. I hope EA can fix it tho, the game is almost unplayable for me.

Message 7 of 29 (50,693 Views)

★★★ Novice
i fix it by using a free vpn and i have the same ping and no more Prediction error try it maybe fix it for you
Message 8 of 29 (50,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wanna know what funny when trying the VPN to fix the problem.

When i open the game the data center had preferred a server but it cost 6% packet loss.I change to 0% packet lost but it was 120-200 ping.

For first i was relief because even there are latency and packet loss symbol was appeared but my game not lagging as the prediction error.After a few seconds the prediction error is back.Now IDK what to do.Even VPN cant solve the prediction error.

Message 9 of 29 (49,790 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue with prediction error every game.

What I've done:
Purchased new modem, currently on Comcast 1 Gig speed

UO Trace: Tests good everytime, no packet loss.

Speedtests, all good

Servers on the game show 0% packet loss.

But every game I have this problem. Been happening for a month now.

Message 10 of 29 (48,549 Views)