How to fix crashing in Apex Legends.[Permanent]

by _S7ORM-BRINGR

Original Post

Re: How to fix crashing in Apex Legends.[Permanent]

★ Guide

@Falkentyne Hmm, my RIng is on disabled. My crashes completely stopped on AVX 2 and 5GHZ, which result in nearly 4.9 Average Mhz. Voltage is 1.322 Avg. For the past days - not a single crash. My LLC is on "Standard" and my dynamic voltage is on -0.050. I don't use flat voltages for my CPU.

Of course, this is only in Apex, I can achieve 5.1 (no avx) Mhz on 1.36V on all other games I play. 

I think the problem on your side is the vCore voltage, mainly with combination of other settings. Don't push the mV up, it's not worth it.

Since we have nearly identical boards, below you will find my settings. They most probably won't work for you, since every CPU is different, but it will give you an idea to workaround for your current setup.

Message 51 of 60 (2,227 Views)

★ Guide

@_S7ORM-BRINGR wrote:

@Falkentyne Hmm, my RIng is on disabled. My crashes completely stopped on AVX 2 and 5GHZ, which result in nearly 4.9 Average Mhz. Voltage is 1.322 Avg. For the past days - not a single crash. My LLC is on "Standard" and my dynamic voltage is on -0.050. I don't use flat voltages for my CPU.

Of course, this is only in Apex, I can achieve 5.1 (no avx) Mhz on 1.36V on all other games I play. 

I think the problem on your side is the vCore voltage, mainly with combination of other settings. Don't push the mV up, it's not worth it.

Since we have nearly identical boards, below you will find my settings. They most probably won't work for you, since every CPU is different, but it will give you an idea to workaround for your current setup.

And another pic >>

Message 52 of 60 (2,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This works for me!

Message 53 of 60 (2,206 Views)

★★ Guide

@_S7ORM-BRINGR wrote:

Anyways,@CroL0co, have you had any crashes after avx2? I haven't had any crashes after putting my setup on avx3 and 5100mhz. = 4800Mhz. / 4900Mhz Avg. (i7 9700K)

I just noticed this post... I put my OC to 4.7ghz without the AVX offset and no crash since then. Tried out 4.8ghz yesterday, played quite some games and then it crashed. I can try putting the offset so I can have my OC for other stuff and see if will be stable in Apex this way.

Message 54 of 60 (2,180 Views)

★ Guide

@SvenskFisk wrote:

This works for me!

Nice, happy for you Standard smile

Message 55 of 60 (2,163 Views)

★ Guide

@CroL0co wrote:

@_S7ORM-BRINGR wrote:

Anyways,@CroL0co, have you had any crashes after avx2? I haven't had any crashes after putting my setup on avx3 and 5100mhz. = 4800Mhz. / 4900Mhz Avg. (i7 9700K)

I just noticed this post... I put my OC to 4.7ghz without the AVX offset and no crash since then. Tried out 4.8ghz yesterday, played quite some games and then it crashed. I can try putting the offset so I can have my OC for other stuff and see if will be stable in Apex this way.

I noticed that after the BS patch, the game became even more unstable, and avx 3 stopped working for me.I then reverted to 5ghz and avx 2 and eliminated all the crashes. LOL devs made some serious avx game with the recent patch.

Message 56 of 60 (2,162 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey @_S7ORM-BRINGR 

thanks for this thread. It did fix my crashing. 

My System:
MSI Z370 Mainboard
I7-9700K @ 5.0 Ghz 

AVX Offset -2
Core Voltage 1.3980
16GB Ram @ 3200mhz (XMP Profile 2)
MSI RTX 2070 @ 2.086 Mhz (Full load)
+15% Core Voltage
+113% Powerlimit 
Mem. Clock +1000Mhz.

As I went through this thread and it was very technical - can I sum up: Somehow Apex Legends handles AVX instructions in a weird way, making my oc CPU struggle, while other games like BFV (which also uses AVX) make my CPU handle AVX stuff normally? 

Greets.

Message 57 of 60 (1,878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I changed my avx to 3 from auto and still crashing, i do not know how to change all that other stuff :/

Message 58 of 60 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi All,

Here's something that might help you guys... Since the last time I've played Apex (approx. 3 months ago), the only system component that I upgraded was my RAM. I went from a set of 2133MHz DIMMs to a set of 3200MHz DIMMs. 

I decided to play again tonight and was plagued by the same crash you're experiencing (Error code C0...5). The only solution I found was to underclock my RAM to 2800MHz; this allowed me to play for ~3hrs without any hiccups.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers

Message 59 of 60 (1,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the best post I've seen about CPU AVX with Apex Legends.

Message 60 of 60 (858 Views)